2022-2023 Rush

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
So is being silent a good thing ? I’m pessimistic but still

Reactions: 1 users
So is being silent a good thing ? I’m pessimistic but still
honestly? No, not for MDs. Last year Rush stopped interviewing on Feb 16. I’m pretty sure silence just means that our R will be here later next week. I don’t want to be a downer but it’s hurts less for me when I know what’s coming.

honestly? No, not for MDs. Last year Rush stopped interviewing on Feb 16. I’m pretty sure silence just means that our R will be here later next week. I don’t want to be a downer but it’s hurts less for me when I know what’s coming.
I thought Rush interviewed til first or second week of March? It's definitely getting late though

I thought Rush interviewed til first or second week of March? It's definitely getting late though
I thought they finished up by Feb but I might be confusing it with Loyola…I don’t mind either way, I already know my R is here.

Reactions: 1 user
I thought they finished up by Feb but I might be confusing it with Loyola…I don’t mind either way, I already know my R is here.
Last year, the last interview day for Rush was 2/16! I had friends who interviewed then and they specifically told the group interviewing it was the last day.

Last year, the last interview day for Rush was 2/16! I had friends who interviewed then and they specifically told the group interviewing it was the last day.
Ah my bad then!

Anyone else waiting for the Pre-II R email? Not sure why they cant just send it already lol

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else waiting for the Pre-II R email? Not sure why they cant just send it already lol
Doesn't make sense imo. We know they are done with interviews. Why not just send over a mass R to everyone else?

Doesn't make sense imo. We know they are done with interviews. Why not just send over a mass R to everyone else?
How do you know they are done with interviews? Did you call them?

How do you know they are done with interviews? Did you call them?
Didn't call them, but last year they were done by 2/16 (as noted earlier in the thread). Nothing has indicated to me that things are significantly different this year,

Didn't call them, but last year they were done by 2/16 (as noted earlier in the thread). Nothing has indicated to me that things are significantly different this year,
I think two cycles ago, Rush was interviewing into March. Not sure if that means anything for us this year.

Per my email conversation with them back in January,

“We will continue to review applications and make decisions for interviews into February.”

Per my email conversation with them back in January,

“We will continue to review applications and make decisions for interviews into February.”
trying to stay optimistic here...could this be interpreted as "the last interview invites will go out in February"?

On Rush's website, they say they conduct interviews every Wednesday from the months of September to February. So Wednesday 2/22/2023 would be their last interview day. After that expect a mass R email to everyone else.

This is on their website:

Interview day:​

The Committee on Admissions will begin extending interview invitations in August and will continue to do so through the month of February. Interviews take place on Wednesdays from September through February.

I was told that tomorrow(2/15) is their last interview day

• Sad
I guess it over for us who haven't received a II yet. Its been a good ride and hopefully we all get into another med school this round!

Reactions: 8 users
How sad is it that I’m still holding onto the hope that they’ll send me an interview invite, like last minute for tomorrow lmao

Reactions: 2 users
Same bc I haven’t received an R email yet - you’re not alone LOL
How sad is it that I’m still holding onto the hope that they’ll send me an interview invite, like last minute for tomorrow lmao

It’s 6PM in Chicago, do you think they’re done for the day
Probably.
I’m still hopeful they’re not done sending out II’s. Because if they’re done, why don’t they just send out Rs to everyone rather than here and there lol.

Probably.
I’m still hopeful they’re not done sending out II’s. Because if they’re done, why don’t they just send out Rs to everyone rather than here and there lol.
I have this theory that there’s only one person sending them out, like typing in each email address and that’s why it’s taking so long lmao

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
I have this theory that there’s only one person sending them out, like typing in each email address and that’s why it’s taking so long lmao
yea or their system can't mass send emails...I rmbr they sent the update/we are still reviewing email in batches, so it just might be their system

I'm confused...I was complete early August, and still haven't heard anything? Obviously not getting my hopes up, but considering that I was complete before a bunch of people who already got R's, I wonder why they haven't sent me my R yet?

I'm confused...I was complete early August, and still haven't heard anything? Obviously not getting my hopes up, but considering that I was complete before a bunch of people who already got R's, I wonder why they haven't sent me my R yet?
Also confused... I was complete mid-July and have no R yet, but I also assume it's just implied at this point. I do think the lack of official communication when so many are hearing back is odd though.

Reactions: 4 users