2022-2023 Waitlist Support Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am preparing my application for this coming cycle and getting some of the same professors to write LORs for me again. One of these professors no longer works at my undergrad school and is not at another academic institution so they cannot use the official letterhead for my undergrad school. Is this going to be an issue? Should I choose a different letter writer?

Members don't see this ad.

Got off the waitlist a few days ago! Thank you guys for the support

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This upcoming week is the week for me. I will get off the WL. Manifesting!
Manifesting we both will get off the WL this coming week :giggle: My school's CTE deadline was today but I still want to hold on to some hope 🤞 I just wish there was something I could do to show the school how badly I want to go there :cryi:

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Manifesting an acceptance off the WL for all of us this week!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Will it look bad if I call my school to ask if they're still pulling people from the waitlist? The CTE deadline has already passed. The facebook group looks full (based on previous years' numbers) and I just need closure at this point because I am losing my mind over this 😥

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Will it look bad if I call my school to ask if they're still pulling people from the waitlist? The CTE deadline has already passed. The facebook group looks full (based on previous years' numbers) and I just need closure at this point because I am losing my mind over this 😥
At this point, you have nothing to lose.

Reactions: 4 users
Agree with @gyngyn --if you need this for closure nobody should blame you for taking 30 seconds of their time.

Reactions: 3 users
They told me they anticipate limited movement from the waitlist at this point. I guess I'm done now :cryi:
For what it's worth, no school is going to say that movement has ended if classes haven't started because there's always a couple slots that open like a day or two before classes start. For anyone still on a WL, best to assume that you're not getting in this cycle, and if you get an 11th hour acceptance, it'll be a happy surprise.

Members don't see this ad :)
For what it's worth, no school is going to say that movement has ended if classes haven't started because there's always a couple slots that open like a day or two before classes start. For anyone still on a WL, best to assume that you're not getting in this cycle, and if you get an 11th hour acceptance, it'll be a happy surprise.
This is definitely hard to hear, but helpful to move forward with some sense closure. Doesn’t mean the heartbreak doesn’t still really sting. The hope is the hardest part.

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 7 users
there's always a couple slots that open like a day or two before classes start.
I have always wondered about this. This may be a stupid question but how do any seats open up right before the start of classes, weeks after the CTE deadline has passed?

Reactions: 2 users
I have always wondered about this. This may be a stupid question but how do any seats open up right before the start of classes, weeks after the CTE deadline has passed?
I'm assuming maybe the students who leave the seats did not withdrawal their waitlist at other schools like they were supposed to and were maybe offered last minute seats at other schools? Or maybe unforeseen life circumstances occurring 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 1 users
I'm assuming maybe the students who leave the seats did not withdrawal their waitlist at other schools like they were supposed to and were maybe offered last minute seats at other schools? Or maybe unforeseen life circumstances occurring 🤷‍♀️
Can’t wait list schools see that you were accepted somewhere at some point in the cycle?
Last minute acceptances have become quite rare now that there are CYMS "rules."
Once in a while a student needs to defer due to unexpected circumstances. This is the main reason nowadays.

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone want support PM me. I wish everyone on this thread the best of luck.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Also, can't schools which have been CTE'd by an applicant see if that applicant has a waitlist? I know AMCAS can see.
We can see if a waitlisted candidate plans to enroll or has committed to enroll elsewhere.
We are free to offer an acceptance if they are PTE, but schools that follow traffic rules will release those who have committed elsewhere.

Reactions: 2 users
We can see if a waitlisted candidate plans to enroll or has committed to enroll elsewhere.
We are free to offer an acceptance if they are PTE, but schools that follow traffic rules will release those who have committed elsewhere.
I confirm this. Recently I got off WL from one and I have to do CTE (per that school) and other two I was in WL, released me even before I notified them. One of those two is my dream school and they offered one more spot I know of for someone else after I was released from WL. So this is not a fair game I think, particularly for the late WL movements. But I am grateful for the spot this year.

Last edited: