2022-2023 Weill Cornell

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wysdoc

Plain-spoken Texan
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thank you @paul30 for sharing this year's questions!

2022-2023 Weill Cornell Secondary Essay Prompts (1525 character limit each)

1. Please write a brief statement giving your reasons for applying to Weill Cornell Medical College.

2. Please describe a challenge you faced and how you addressed it.

3. If applicable, please tell us about any special circumstances related to COVID-19 that could help us understand you better.

4. (Optional) If you are not attending college during the upcoming (2022-2023) academic year, what are your plans?

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
IS secondary received!

Prompts:

1. Please write a brief statement giving your reasons for applying to Weill Cornell Medical College.
  3. If applicable, please tell us about any special circumstances related to COVID-19 that could help us understand you better.
  4. (Optional) If you are not attending college during the upcoming (2022-2023) academic year, what are your plans?
@wysdoc

IS secondary received!

Prompts:

@wysdoc
Are the character counts the same as last year?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm on quarter system so I have 3 courses and 3 labs instead of 2. Should I add 1 course and 1 lab to the first section, and 2 courses and 2 labs to the second section?

Are there any current students at Cornell I could dm for answering the why cornell essay question? Will greatly appreciate your help!

The prerequisites are due January 31st but I won't have Physics 2 done by then. If I just don't tell them, take it in the spring, and matriculate...what are the nerds at admissions going to do? Rescind my acceptance because I took it later than they wanted me to?

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 2 users
Anybody get a complete and ready for review email from then despite not having all their letters in?

Did anyone else submit but not get a confirmation email? I just want to make sure they have received all the necessary items (MCAT score, LORs) and my app is in queue for review.

Did anyone else submit but not get a confirmation email? I just want to make sure they have received all the necessary items (MCAT score, LORs) and my app is in queue for review.
So I submitted my essay responses first. Then about 4 days after they sent a separate invite to list out my premedical coursework in their system. After I submitted that, I got a confirmation email of completion. strange

Members don't see this ad :)
I just submitted also did not get a confirmation email... Did you end up getting a confirmation email a few days after submitting?

I'm trying to submit the essay portion and I keep getting an error up above that reads, "An error has occurred. Please retry or contact support." Anyone else have this issue? I've reloaded, re-copied my essays in, etc., and nothing seems to be working.

Received OOS on 6/24/2022. Not yet submitted. When is the actual deadline for submission? Thank you!
From Weill Cornell's Admission Website: November 15, 2021: Deadline for all additional application materials (Secondary application form submission, MCAT scores and letters of evaluation within AMCAS).

Hey was anyone able to find what kind of research opportunities there are for med students? Research is a big part of my ECs and I wanna incorporate something about doing research for "Why Cornell". Thanks!

Hey was anyone able to find what kind of research opportunities there are for med students? Research is a big part of my ECs and I wanna incorporate something about doing research for "Why Cornell". Thanks!
I don't really know, but at same time Cornell has the thing where you can do research at like Rockefeller and some other Uni as well (triple) and they're all super well reputed.

So I submitted. It says something about filling out required prereqs. When do I need to do this. Is my application considered complete before this or do I need to do this to make my app complete

Reactions: 1 user
So I submitted. It says something about filling out required prereqs. When do I need to do this. Is my application considered complete before this or do I need to do this to make my app complete
They’ll send you a separate email invitation in a few days (4 days for me) for u to fill it out ur premed prereqs. Then after u submit that, they send a complete email

They’ll send you a separate email invitation in a few days (4 days for me) for u to fill it out ur premed prereqs. Then after u submit that, they send a complete email
Isn't it directly on the portal though for you to click?

"

Required Premedical Coursework​

Premedical Curriculum

The Committee on Admissions considers equally students with backgrounds in the basic sciences, social sciences and liberal arts. Each application is considered on an individual basis. We encourage applicants to pursue premedical curricula that allow them to sample a broad range of academic disciplines, and to explore one or more areas in depth. All required premedical coursework should be completed by January 31 of the year for which admission is sought. Any additional questions on our requirements please visit our web site at Selection Criteria & Requirements | Medical College.

"

Isn't it directly on the portal though for you to click?

"

Required Premedical Coursework​

Premedical Curriculum

The Committee on Admissions considers equally students with backgrounds in the basic sciences, social sciences and liberal arts. Each application is considered on an individual basis. We encourage applicants to pursue premedical curricula that allow them to sample a broad range of academic disciplines, and to explore one or more areas in depth. All required premedical coursework should be completed by January 31 of the year for which admission is sought. Any additional questions on our requirements please visit our web site at Selection Criteria & Requirements | Medical College.

"
oh i guess they changed it then. It was two separate emails for me. But to answer ur initial question I’m guessing they do require ur prereqs for ur app to say complete bc I didn’t receive a complete email until I completed the prereq section. And yeah according to the website u need to complete all coursework by 1/31/23

When do they start sending out IIs??

Anyone know what areas of concentration WCMC offers?

IS II just now

Complete 07/18

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 10 users
II received today at noon!! Complete 7/9, ORM, OOS, LM 75, WARS 85-89.
I'm literally crying.

Reactions: 2 users
All we had to do was upload our headshot + that form, and then email with our preferred interview date/time, right? Just making sure I didn't miss anything.

I haven’t got home yet to upload my headshot but i assumed after uploading it and sign your attestation form you get an email for schedule the date and time

All we had to do was upload our headshot + that form, and then email with our preferred interview date/time, right? Just making sure I didn't miss anything.
I didn't read anything about emailing our preferred date/time. They'll send a separate email for us to sign up after u do the attestation and headshot as KingJaswal mentioned.

How professional does our headshot have to be

How professional does our headshot have to be

I wore a professional attire but im pretty sure they are only going to use it to identify us and yo make sure someone doesn’t show up for us on the interview day

Current student here, feel free to dm with any questions. Good luck everyone!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
II today (9/9), submitted late July, 519 MCAT, 3.96sgpa, 3.90ogpa, finishing up a PhD

II today submitted 7/12

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
Oh man Cornell looked so good and the culture there seems extremely friendly... gotta wait till March to hear back and im highkey feeling a WL/R just cause of how competitive it is :cryi:

Oh man Cornell looked so good and the culture there seems extremely friendly... gotta wait till March to hear back and im highkey feeling a WL/R just cause of how competitive it is :cryi:
I agree, I loved my interview experience there!! Did you interview today? If so, I think we crossed paths!

I agree, I loved my interview experience there!! Did you interview today? If so, I think we crossed paths!
The Q&A with the med students was really incredible, and it seems like they are a "work hard play hard" type of school. Majority of the students dorm together as well so it really feels like almost a family like atmosphere.

Reactions: 3 users
The Q&A with the med students was really incredible, and it seems like they are a "work hard play hard" type of school. Majority of the students dorm together as well so it really feels like almost a family like atmosphere.
Exactly! Felt like a very tight-knit community. For those interviewing in the future, do not stress! The interview was very low-key and conversational. :)

II this morning! Submitted 7/12, LM 80, OOS, and so so excited!

Reactions: 3 users
II this morning!! Complete 7/19, OOS. Can't believe I got an interview from here, unbelievably excited!

Reactions: 8 users
anyone have an idea to the number of students Cornell usually accepts?

Reactions: 1 user