2022-2023 Weill Cornell

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Not yet! I don’t think they release housing apps til June
Awesome! Thanks :) Would be moving with my wife if I got accepted, so I wasn't sure if I'd be at a disadvantage trying to secure family housing

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Im a WL student. Does anyone know if Cornell offers an accepted students day for students that get off the waitlist or any orientation for them?

Hey Im a WL student. Does anyone know if Cornell offers an accepted students day for students that get off the waitlist or any orientation for them?
I highly doubt it since people who get accepted off the waitlist would figure out at different times. So, they couldn't plan for a day that would allow all of us to go :/

Members don't see this ad :)
Can any accepted students in the chat ask what day students move in to their dorms?

Withdrew a while back but didn’t get the chance to post - best of luck to those on the WL!!

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know how many people realistically get off of the waitlist here

Does anyone know how many people realistically get off of the waitlist here
There's been some random numbers thrown around, the best we came to say was that "there's good movement from the waitlist." An old student said something like 30% of the entering class was off the waitlist a few years back.

What is the process of sending update letters again, email?
Email indeed.

"You may send us occasional, substantive application updates if appropriate. Please send any such updates to [email protected], attaching your update as a Word or PDF file with the file name in the following format: lastname_firstname_AAMC ID_ date. You will receive a confirmation email. Please do not include other queries or information in the email; questions should be directed to our main email address. "

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I think just one person so far on sdn

It’s CRICKETS y’all😭
Yeah for real :cryi: i'm running low on hope, it hurts even more because it's my top choice. I wish they would tell us whether or not they expect to have more movement so we wouldn't have to read tea leaves on sdn.

Reactions: 1 users
The guy who got in said they gave him two weeks to reply. So wait till NEXT Thursday probably

should I lose hope at this point?

• Care
would it be a good idea to call the office and ask if they anticipate more waitlist movement? Based on last year’s thread, when someone called around this time of year they told them that the class was tentatively full

Reactions: 1 users
would it be a good idea to call the office and ask if they anticipate more waitlist movement? Based on last year’s thread, when someone called around this time of year they told them that the class was tentatively full
if you do.... let us know lol

Reactions: 2 users
I called and they didn't offer much info (understandable). They didn't say that the class was full but they didn't say they expect more movement. They just said that the waitlist is unranked and that they only reconsider applications once spots open up.
Anecdotal but there was one guy who got off in early June last year...

Either way doesn't look like it really moves all that much unfortunately

I called and they didn't offer much info (understandable). They didn't say that the class was full but they didn't say they expect more movement. They just said that the waitlist is unranked and that they only reconsider applications once spots open up.
Thanks for taking one for the team man. I guess depending on how you look at this them saying that the class isn't full yet can be taken as a sign that there is movement yet to come or I guess you could look at it as they're just being intentionally vague until the CTE deadline comes around :shrug::shrug:

Thanks for taking one for the team man. I guess depending on how you look at this them saying that the class isn't full yet can be taken as a sign that there is movement yet to come or I guess you could look at it as they're just being intentionally vague until the CTE deadline comes around :shrug::shrug:
When’s CTE for cornell

if today is the CTE deadline can the waitlist expect to see movement today or will it likely be after the holiday? my state school CTE is monday so wondering if it's worth holding out that last bit of hope

Will there be anymore waitlist movement? Or should we give up lol

• Care