2022-2023 Wright State (Boonshoft)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wysdoc

Plain-spoken Texan
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thank you @Step Doc for sharing this year's questions:

2022-2023 Wright State (Boonshoft) Secondary Essay Prompts
1. If you earned a medically related certificate/license, how many hours have you worked in that role since earning your certificate/license? If not, please enter N/A. (100 characters)

2. If there has been a significant economic hardship, please explain the circumstances. If none, please enter N/A. (750 characters)

3. If your parents are graduates of Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine, please list their name(s) and graduation year(s). Enter N/A if your parents are not Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine Alumni. (100 characters)

4. If you have relatives that are Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine alumni, current students, faculty or staff, please list their name(s). Enter N/A if you do not have relatives that are Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine alumni, current students, faculty or staff. (100 characters)

5. If you have applied to Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine in a previous cycle, please indicate the year(s) of your previous application(s). Enter N/A if this is your first application to Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine. (100 characters)

6. What is the primary reason that you have chosen to apply to the Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine? (750 characters)

7. Are there any specific patient populations that that you desire to serve as a physician? (750 characters)

8. If there has been or will be a gap in your education, please describe how you have/will use this time. If not, please enter N/A. (750 characters)

9. If you consider yourself a non-traditional candidate, please explain. If not, please enter N/A. (750 characters)

10. Briefly describe any extenuating circumstances which you believe are pertinent to your application (i.e. Poor grades, withdrawn courses, life events). If none, please enter N/A. (750 characters)

11. If you have attended any allopathic or osteopathic medical school, as a candidate for an M.D. or D.O., please list the name of the school and explain the reason for separation. Enter N/A if you have not attended any allopathic or osteopathic medical school as a candidate for an M.D. or D.O. (750 characters)

12. If you are not a current resident of the state of Ohio, please describe your connection to Ohio. If you have no connection to the state of Ohio, please enter N/A. (750 characters)

13. If you have a connection to Wright State University, please describe your that connection. If you have no connection to Wright State University, please enter N/A. (750 characters)

14. If you have a connection to the Boonshoft School of Medicine, please describe that connection. If you have no connection to the Boonshoft School of Medicine, please enter N/A. (750 characters)

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:
Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine Interview Feedback

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Secondary received - OOS

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone else not getting an email from them to reset your password? I’ve tried like 3 times lol

Having a little trouble deciphering the ties to Ohio question. It's asking if you aren't a resident of Ohio to explain ties. But if you don't have ties to enter N/A.

What about if you ARE a resident?

Having a little trouble deciphering the ties to Ohio question. It's asking if you aren't a resident of Ohio to explain ties. But if you don't have ties to enter N/A.

I wrote about my connection to Ohio and just said in the first sentence that I am a resident of Ohio. Figured better safe than sorry.

Reactions: 2 users
Could someone post prompts if different from last year? good luck all!!
They're the same for the most part. Character limit increased from 500 to 750. No covid question and they split up the ties to OH/BSOM/Wright St into separate prompts of 750 characters.

@wysdoc Secondary q's:
1. If you earned a medically related certificate/license, how many hours have you worked in that role since earning your certificate/license? If not, please enter N/A. (100 characters)

2. If there has been a significant economic hardship, please explain the circumstances. If none, please enter N/A. (750 characters)

3. What is the primary reason that you have chosen to apply to the Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine? (750 characters)

4. Are there any specific patient populations that that you desire to serve as a physician? (750 characters)

5. If there has been or will be a gap in your education, please describe how you have/will use this time. If not, please enter N/A. (750 characters)

6. If you consider yourself a non-traditional candidate, please explain. If not, please enter N/A. (750 characters)

7. Briefly describe any extenuating circumstances which you believe are pertinent to your application (i.e. Poor grades, withdrawn courses, life events). If none, please enter N/A. (750 characters)

8. If you have attended any allopathic or osteopathic medical school, as a candidate for an M.D. or D.O., please list the name of the school and explain the reason for separation. Enter N/A if you have not attended any allopathic or osteopathic medical school as a candidate for an M.D. or D.O. (750 characters)

9. If you are not a current resident of the state of Ohio, please describe your connection to Ohio. If you have no connection to the state of Ohio, please enter N/A. (750 characters)

10. If you have a connection to Wright State University, please describe your that connection. If you have no connection to Wright State University, please enter N/A. (750 characters)

11. If you have a connection to the Boonshoft School of Medicine, please describe that connection. If you have no connection to the Boonshoft School of Medicine, please enter N/A. (750 characters)

does anyone know if I can list non-lab research under the Research experience competency? The description says "work or volunteer in research lab".

does anyone know if I can list non-lab research under the Research experience competency? The description says "work or volunteer in research lab".
I did! I think those were just general examples, not like "It has to be these and these only or you don't meet this competency."

Has anyone gotten a confirmation email after they submitted/paid their secondary? Submitted/paid last Friday and no email.

If anyone sees this and was confused by this question as well, I called the admissions office and they said this is a space for people NOT from Ohio. He explained if people grew up in Ohio or, for example, went to school in Ohio they would be seeing that in the application. So basically he said do not fill it out if you are from Ohio!

If anyone sees this and was confused by this question as well, I called the admissions office and they said this is a space for people NOT from Ohio. He explained if people grew up in Ohio or, for example, went to school in Ohio they would be seeing that in the application. So basically he said do not fill it out if you are from Ohio!
Welp too late here. Filled out stating that I moved to Ohio in 2019, oh well.

do we have to have every competency filled? Like the cultural one is hard to match to a specific activity

do we have to have every competency filled? Like the cultural one is hard to match to a specific activity
I just did activities where I worked with people of diverse backgrounds and learned more about others, but Idk. I'm guessing it's something they're more likely to ask about in interviews.

Hi guys I graduated last year " If there has been or will be a gap in your education, please describe how you have/will use this time. If not, please enter N/A. " is this asking us to also detail about the gap year or is it specifically for people who took time off while in undergrad? TIA

Hi guys I graduated last year " If there has been or will be a gap in your education, please describe how you have/will use this time. If not, please enter N/A. " is this asking us to also detail about the gap year or is it specifically for people who took time off while in undergrad? TIA
You can talk about your gap year! It's worded that way so you can talk about any break in your education, whether within undergrad or after graduation.

Hey y'all! I just wanted to wish you luck on applying to BSOM, I just started as an MS1 here and I love it so far. I just wanted to let you know to not stress a ton if you don't get an interview right away, I legit got my interview in late December, interviewed the first week of January, and got accepted end of January. My stats were really low at a 3.3 505 and I am an out-of-state student with zero ties to Ohio, I had never even visited until I went for the accepted students day. I had submitted my secondary the day I got it in mid July and the waiting really did suck but it was all worth it and the staff/students here are so nice. Many of my classmates also got in with lower than average stats or really late interviews/acceptances all the way into March-June. Feel free to message me if you wanna know more about BSOM or the application process!

• Care
Reactions: 22 users
Alright, it's September, respectfully, RESPECTFULLY, where the II at

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
They started on 9/8 last year
200.gif