2022-2023 Wright State (Boonshoft)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
anyone hear???

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
II IS
I’m excited! I wasn’t expecting anything from them!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Hey, any current BSOM student here I can DM thanks in advance :)

Has anyone submitted anything in their submit additional document section of their portal?

Im considering sending a LOI after my interview assuming I like what I hear. I 100% expect to honor it if accepted. What are people's thoughts on it? I've done some research and some ppl say to send if they get waitlisted.
I do have other acceptances so I can say that in the letter as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone submitted anything in their submit additional document section of their portal?

Im considering sending a LOI after my interview assuming I like what I hear. I 100% expect to honor it if accepted. What are people's thoughts on it? I've done some research and some ppl say to send if they get waitlisted.
I do have other acceptances so I can say that in the letter as well.
I uploaded my unofficial transcript after my summer semester grades came in. Finishing up my MS this semester.

Just my 2 cents from another applicant, but I think it is really early to submit an LOI. Maybe if you get waitlisted, but from my research this is something that's done more in the spring. Additionally, I would definitely not say I have another acceptance, I feel like that could come off in the wrong way. Especially if they asked, because your other one is DO, right? But again, just another applicant so maybe I'm off base here.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
I'm with ohiosveryown, Goro and others have said LOI don't mean much, especially this early in the cycle. Since you got an II so early from them, you can rest assured they like you

Members don't see this ad :)
I uploaded my unofficial transcript after my summer semester grades came in. Finishing up my MS this semester.

Just my 2 cents from another applicant, but I think it is really early to submit an LOI. Maybe if you get waitlisted, but from my research this is something that's done more in the spring. Additionally, I would definitely not say I have another acceptance, I feel like that could come off in the wrong way. Especially if they asked, because your other one is DO, right? But again, just another applicant so maybe I'm off base here.
Yeah I know. You're right. I just really want to go to this school. my number one goal is to stay in state. I need to calm myself down. I guess I'll just make sure that they know that I am really interested going to the school without sounding desperate.

Probably 3 actually because I think they do interviews on Tuesday too. They don’t interview many people each day (at least on the day I went), and it’s really early so I wouldn’t worry at all.
Ok good to know. Thank you so much !

Np! GL and congratulations on the interview. Just try to relax and enjoy it. It was pretty laid back IMO.

How was your interview? Did they tell you when you will get a decision? In terms of the back to interviews did you feel like they asked you the same questions?

How was your interview? Did they tell you when you will get a decision? In terms of the back to interviews did you feel like they asked you the same questions?
It was relaxed and conversational. We were told we would get a decision sometime around October 15th. I’m not sure what you’re asking in the last question but the interview questions were very standard.

It was relaxed and conversational. We were told we would get a decision sometime around October 15th. I’m not sure what you’re asking in the last question but the interview questions were very standard.

Thanks I just meant since it’s two separate interviews, they probably asked you the same questions.

Thanks I just meant since it’s two separate interviews, they probably asked you the same questions.
Oh 😂 gotcha. They did overlap slightly but not too bad. Different parts of my application caught each persons eye so they focused on different things for the most part.

Had my interview. Without saying too much, it was a great experience. I loved the interviewers. Its like they tailored them based on my experiences. This school has moved up to my number one choice.
Now I wait for the anxiety inducing wait time to hear back from the school.

Reactions: 2 users
Regular Decision vs. Early Decision. Early decision means you can only apply to that school until a decision comes up. High risk, high reward

Hi, everyone! I am a re-applicant from the 2020-2021 cycle in which I was waitlisted. I applied ED this year and got my acceptance letter on Monday! I am so excited to join the class of 2027 and looking forward to a crazy 4 years with some of you.

IS, 50x MCAT, 3.9 GPA, ties to the community + school

Hi, everyone! I am a re-applicant from the 2020-2021 cycle in which I was waitlisted. I applied ED this year and got my acceptance letter on Monday! I am so excited to join the class of 2027 and looking forward to a crazy 4 years with some of you.

IS, 50x MCAT, 3.9 GPA, ties to the community + school
Anxiously waiting for my decision. If I get accepted here, I'll see you next year!

Anxiously waiting for my decision. If I get accepted here, I'll see you next year!
Good luck to you and to everyone else waiting on a decision or II! Waiting to hear back was by far the most nerve-wracking part for myself.

Anyone heard anything ?
Im hoping to hear this week from them on my decision. Its hard to not think about it.

Do we think it will be oct 15/17? they didn't really specify if I can recall from the 9/28 interview

Do we think it will be oct 15/17? they didn't really specify if I can recall from the 9/28 interview

They said 3-4 weeks during the info session.. The email they sent post interview said 6-8 weeks.

Based on last years thread, decisions went out this week.

They said 3-4 weeks during the info session.. The email they sent post interview said 6-8 weeks.

Based on last years thread, decisions went out this week.
Thank you! Yes I also heard/saw on the thread that the committee meets on Wednesdays so hopefully later this week!

OOS II, 502, 4.0, LM 66. Let’s go 😍

• Love
OOS II received today. Complete 7/29. 513, 3.8x, 3rd time applicant, ties to Dayton

For anyone who has already interviewed or has scheduled an interview, how long after completing the DocuSign did you receive an email with further details regarding the interview day?

For anyone who has already interviewed or has scheduled an interview, how long after completing the DocuSign did you receive an email with further details regarding the interview day?
Congrats on your II! I received the next email with instructions ~24 hrs after signing

Reactions: 1 users
I received it the following day. There's a link online though that I had seen before I got an II.
If I were you all, I would also look at the med student survival guide that is on Boonshoft's website. It's like a 70+ pdf that students created that tells you about the city, the classes you take, which ones are harder, what material you use to study, etc. It gave a good me look at the school.

Reactions: 2 users
Any idea if is it possible to hear back on the 15th considering its a Saturday? The anxiety 😩

Any idea if is it possible to hear back on the 15th considering its a Saturday? The anxiety 😩
I'm not going to say it's impossible, but, I will say that I applied ED and we were told we would hear before/on October 1st (a Saturday) both during the interview as well as in our post-interview email, and I didn't get my decision until the 3rd. I spent the entire weekend anxiously refreshing my inbox 😅

I mean that's what I'm hoping. It will be an email so it's more probable. If it was a call, it probably wouldn't be til Monday at the earliest.
Thankfully I work the weekend and Monday so I will be busy with that to not think about it so much.