2023-2024 Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
do u know what we can expect being on the waitlist?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm wondering this too, how do they release applications for these?
So they send the application via email to accepted Milwaukee campus students and it’s written essays. I saw somewhere they start interviews in January and it’s on a rolling basis. I am not sure when we hear back once we apply but for sure the next few weeks.

Reactions: 1 user
How many people do they accept to the Health Equity Scholars program?
I wish I know but I am just in the same boat as you all! I applied to the program recently and still waiting to hear back.

On the program website though they said 5 students

Any current students have any advice on common places for students to live near the campus?

I'm wondering this too, how do they release applications for these?
Email the program and request the app! They get back to you eventually. I submitted mine asap, was interviewed a couple weeks ago. The zoom room started way before my time slot so I could tell they were seeing a lot of ppl that day

IS II today for Milwaukee! They gave me until noon to sign up for a slot that had opened tomorrow (2/2/24) but by the time I saw the email the only upcoming availability was 2/9. Also, the heading at the top of the email said that some MCW emails have been going to spam, so make sure to keep an eye on that portal! Nontraditional student, completed on 11/16 :shifty:. LM: 81, Casper: 2ndQ.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Any 1/12 interviewees that have not received a response? (please react if yes)

Reactions: 2 users
Would they send emails late at night? Or are they probably done until next week?
(for the sake of everyone’s sanity) I think they are most likely done for the day, bc they usually send it all in one wave per day. Hopefully this delay is good for us and we all here some good news next week. GL everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
JK gang, I just got waitlisted
(for the sake of everyone’s sanity) I think they are most likely done for the day, bc they usually send it all in one wave per day. Hopefully this delay is good for us and we all here some good news next week. GL everyone!

• Care
Has anyone who interviewed for the central campus heard anything? Interviewed 1/23

Has anyone that’s pre-II received a “general update for complete applicants” email lately? Last one I got was 11/16

Reactions: 1 users
OOS Pre-II R just now for all 3 campuses :( this was one of my top schools I was hoping to get into

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 4 users
II (IS) today, strong ties to MKE, interviewing this Friday - got three days to prepare, nervous as hell.

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
OOS II yesterday (2/6) complete 7/20 – I was very surprised! No update letter sent.

OOS II today at midnight, complete 9/12, sent 2 update letters

• Love
Does anyone know if MCW uses NBME style exams in the new curriculum? Also if the cadavers are prosected or not?

Does anyone know if MCW uses NBME style exams in the new curriculum? Also if the cadavers are prosected or not?
following because I have no idea what NBME is or what a prosected cadaver means? Also, when do students get to first clinical exposure/patient contact? Is it during M1 or M2? the curriculum and the weeks somewhat confuse me as to how and where it overlaps.

following because I have no idea what NBME is or what a prosected cadaver means? Also, when do students get to first clinical exposure/patient contact? Is it during M1 or M2? the curriculum and the weeks somewhat confuse me as to how and where it overlaps.
For the exams it just means board style exam questions vs in house/professor written/specific lecture exams (I believe), and prosected cadaver means it was already professionally dissected by somebody else :)

I am interested to know more too but based on my limited understanding of their website it seems from the beginning they have two afternoons per week for clinical experience. Phase 1 | Medical School MCWfusion Curriculum | Medical College of Wisconsin

They give you more info in your interview tab. They told interviewees* to not share it around but you get clinical exposure really early in M1, as opposed to other schools which start clinical in their second or third yr

They give you more info in your interview tab. They told interviewees* to not share it around but you get clinical exposure really early in M1, as opposed to other schools which start clinical in their second or third yr
this is true (m1 here) we do clinical apprenterships where you are paired with a physician at froedoert (the hospital on campus). basically shadowing a specialty you wouldnt have thought of. its why i am now a bit interested in ent when i never thought id be a surgeon outside of obgyn. we do not have nbme exams which kinda sucks tbh but according to m2s our exams are much more step like than the old curriculum plus i guess its nice to not be overly stressed about step 24/7 although thats about to start soon.