This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jmakhmal16

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I decided to create an updated thread for the 2023 application cycle for the NSU Florida Masters of Biomedical Sciences program. I applied early march and received the "In Review" phone call about 2 weeks ago. Praying for an acceptance soon. How are y'all feeling so far?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey…I’m getting ready to submit my application this weekend

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! I sent in my PostBacCAS application 3/27 and just sent in my secondary app through NSU today. Hoping to get a decision by the end of the month.

Hello! I am also waiting for a decision! I received a in review phone call about a week ago! Had anyone been accepted yet?

I also received a review phone call! Does anyone know how long the process takes?

I also received a review phone call! Does anyone know how long the process takes?
I know that on their website it gives a processing timeline of 4-6 weeks but im not sure if that is just for the review or the entire application process. When I spoke to Mr. Redding he said that once the committee receives the application they have 10 days to make a decision. I did call today for a status update and they said that it was still in review. So I am still waiting😊. Hopefully it won't be much longer now, I am really excited to get started.

I know that on their website it gives a processing timeline of 4-6 weeks but im not sure if that is just for the review or the entire application process. When I spoke to Mr. Redding he said that once the committee receives the application they have 10 days to make a decision. I did call today for a status update and they said that it was still in review. So I am still waiting😊. Hopefully it won't be much longer now, I am really excited to get started.
Thanks for the response! did they tell you how they notified students of their acceptance?

Hi everyone! I just got my acceptance email. I applied on 3/27 and did my secondary application last Monday 4/3.

Hi everyone! I just got my acceptance email. I applied on 3/27 and did my secondary application last Monday 4/3.
Congratulations! Did you interview for the program?

Last edited:
Congratulations! Did you interview?

Congratulations! Did you interview for the program?
No, it’s no interview, you just submit your application to PostBacCAS, secondary app through NSU, and they will call you when you are under review. I got a call that I was under review 4/4.

No, it’s no interview, you just submit your application to PostBacCAS, secondary app through NSU, and they will call you when you are under review. I got a call that I was under review 4/4.
Can I ask what your stats are?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! Do you know if it's mandatory to report my MCAT score (< 500) if it's probably going to look bad on my application?

Congrats! Do you know if it's mandatory to report my MCAT score (< 500) if it's probably going to look bad on my application?
I haven’t even taken my MCAT yet. The MCAT isn’t required and I was still accepted. I plan on taking it for the first time in September.

Reactions: 1 user
I was told by Mr. Redding that your score isn't taken into consideration at all (which is why it's not required to have them), so I would still report it but don't worry about it impacting you negatively.

qr code groupchat.jpg

Has anyone else not heard back yet? Its been about a month since I submitted.

I finally submitted today. I want to use this program to boast my GPA and have a chance at getting some looks from some medical school. Not really depending on the guaranteed interview. I'll work hard and an opportunity will present itself. That's all it takes

Has anyone that's still waiting heard anything lately? Seems like they have forgotten about us :-(

Has anyone that's still waiting heard anything lately? Seems like they have forgotten about us :-(
Hopefully we hear back soon, but it definitely has been more than 10 days since my application has been under review. Though waiting on acceptance, I feel like I should already start looking for an apartment because they are so expensive just in case.

I’m still waiting to hear back and the suspense is killing me

Edit: I GOT ACCEPTED

Last edited:
Hey guys I recently found out about this program and I’m a little confused navigating the website. Is anyone applying for winter 2023? If so when is the application cycle open? Also for those who got accepted how long did you have to submit applications?

I’m still waiting to hear back and the suspense is killing me

Edit: I GOT ACCEPTED
Congratulations! if you don't mind me asking....how did they contact you to let you know of your acceptance?

Hey guys I recently found out about this program and I’m a little confused navigating the website. Is anyone applying for winter 2023? If so when is the application cycle open? Also for those who got accepted how long did you have to submit applications?
Hey on their website it says August 15 is when the Application for Winter matriculation opens

Hey everyone! I have been lurking on this thread for a couple of weeks and finally got the nerve to join in!

Please forgive my ignorance, but do they also send out rejection e-mails as well as acceptance e-mails?

I submitted my application on July 6 and received a call saying that my application had been forwarded to the committee for review on July 14. I have not heard anything else. I am hopeful for acceptance, but at this point, any news would be welcomed!

As a side note, I wish everyone else the best of luck; I hope we all get accepted!

Hey everyone,
Congrats to everyone that got accepted for fall. Has anyone received an acceptance yet for winter 2024?

Hey guys. It’s been a couple months. Just an update on those who applied for the winter 2023 cycle. Has anyone been accepted?

Hey guys. It’s been a couple months. Just an update on those who applied for the winter 2023 cycle. Has anyone been accepted?
Hi, I also applied but haven't heard anything yet. Have you ?

Hi, I also applied but haven't heard anything yet. Have you ?
Not yet still waiting patiently 🙂 I submitted my application on Oct.9. I spoke with admissions last week so I know applications are still under revision.

I JUST got in for winter 2024! I got the email today! Best of luck! If anyone else gets in for 2024 let us know!
Omgg congratulations!! That’s exciting news!! Good luck in the program. Will you be in person or online?

Omgg congratulations!! That’s exciting news!! Good luck in the program. Will you be in person or online?
Thank you! I’m local so I will be attending in person. I hope you get in! Fingers crossed for you. I would keep bugging them, I called every few days to try and get an update.

I recently got admitted to the program for winter 2024! I’ve made a what’s app!

Attachments

• IMG_2255.png
    IMG_2255.png
    97.9 KB · Views: 24
I just got admitted a couple of days ago for online if anyone wants to buddy up