2023 PHAP (CDC's Public Health Associate Program)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I called and the person said that they are still choosing candidates and host sites and that we should start hearing back towards the end of this month and that matching will go on until September. Also- the PHAP number in the FAQ email is wrong, the last 4 numbers are 0030, not 0300.
Okay, thank you! That’s good to know!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I called and the person said that they are still choosing candidates and host sites and that we should start hearing back towards the end of this month and that matching will go on until September. Also- the PHAP number in the FAQ email is wrong, the last 4 numbers are 0030, not 0300.
Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anybody heard anything yet? I went into my CDC PHAP portal, and my application is not showing up anymore. Has that happened to anybody?

Are you looking at CDC EFMS? Mine is still on there. Maybe you can try calling their help desk?
I am :( Im going to try logging out and logging back in? I might calling the help desk- what does your application status say?

I am :( Im going to try logging out and logging back in? I might calling the help desk- what does your application status say?
On efms it says submitted and on USA jobs it still says referred. Did you look in both places??

On efms it says submitted and on USA jobs it still says referred. Did you look in both places??
Yes. It still says referred on the USA jobs. It’s super weird on emfs because it doesn’t even show up under “submitted applications” either. I have no idea what’s going on

Yes. It still says referred on the USA jobs. It’s super weird on emfs because it doesn’t even show up under “submitted applications” either. I have no idea what’s going on
Hmmm that is odd. I would definitely try giving them a call!

Thats precisely what is happening to mine.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok. I just called. I was told it's a glitch, and they are working to fix it. They also said they have not sent out any matches yet. So, hang tight guys!

Ok. I just called. I was told it's a glitch, and they are working to fix it. They also said they have not sent out any matches yet. So, hang tight guys!
Did they give any indication when they might start sending out matches?

BIG WEEK hopefully for us y'all!! Wishing all of us the best of luck!! 😄🥳

Reactions: 4 users
Have they resolved the glitch in your application portal? Or is it still showing, “no applications found” ??

Is anyone elses CDC PHAP portal just like not showing up anymore?? Like it goes straight to like a CDC employee page now to sign into lol but I can't get into it

The portal is back working and I just logged in. I didn’t get selected. Good luck to everyone else🙂

The portal is back working and I just logged in. I didn’t get selected. Good luck to everyone else🙂
I’m really sorry to hear… do you mind if I ask what it said to make you certain you weren’t selected? My portal is still showing “no applications found” so I’m wondering if I didnt get it either.

I’m sorry to hear that :(. Can I ask what it said on your portal? Mine still just says submitted

I’m sorry to hear that :(. Can I ask what it said on your portal? Mine still just says submitted
That's what mine still says as well. I really think they're probably going to wait until the afternoon to release matches potentially! I know in the past the time has been around 3:00PM eastern time according to previous forums.

I’m really sorry to hear… do you mind if I ask what it said to make you certain you weren’t selected? My portal is still showing “no applications found” so I’m wondering if I didnt get it either.
Thank you! And this is what is says.

Attachments

• IMG_7184.png
    IMG_7184.png
    123 KB · Views: 110
Sorry to hear that, and thank you for sharing. Nothing shows up in mine. I'm so anxious. Good luck to all, and whatever happens, being considered for the PHAP position is a testament to your potential. They cant select everybody.

Reactions: 1 users
Mine still says "submitted," but does anyone have anything showing up that says "accepted"? I assume they post rejections first. In previous years, have people gotten their match with their acceptance?

Sorry to hear that, and thank you for sharing. Nothing shows up in mine. I'm so anxious. Good luck to all, and whatever happens, being considered for the PHAP position is a testament to your potential. They cant select everybody.
Thank you and good luck💜

Mine still says "submitted," but does anyone have anything showing up that says "accepted"? I assume they post rejections first. In previous years, have people gotten their match with their acceptance?
Mine still says "submitted" as well but I know in previous years, I believe people get their match along with their acceptance based on past forums

Has anyone called and asked for an updated timeline by any chance since it's past June?

Reactions: 2 users
I called and they said there isn’t an updated timeline but that they are working to get emails and matches out very soon

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone heard any updates at all? My portal is still just showing "Submitted"

Hopefully the delay means they’re working to get everyone their top choices since we’ll have less time to relocate if we have to.

I know someone who is currently a PHAP and she told me that they r only accepting 101 candidates this year and they’re trying to keep ppl as close to where they live now. I still have no clue when we will find out but hopefully soon! Good luck to everyone!

I know someone who is currently a PHAP and she told me that they r only accepting 101 candidates this year and they’re trying to keep ppl as close to where they live now. I still have no clue when we will find out but hopefully soon! Good luck to everyone!
I know this is probably a reach lol but do you think she knows if they’re releasing the matches in batches or letting everyone know at once?

I know this is probably a reach lol but do you think she knows if they’re releasing the matches in batches or letting everyone know at once?
She said that they’ll prob release in waves cuz if everyone in the first wave doesn’t accept then they’ll have to do another one. But she said it’ll prob go til September which is a bummer!

Hey everyone! So I just called and asked about acceptances/matches and they told me that they're planning on starting to roll them out by the end of this week and that they will continue it throughout the summer! 🥳 They also let me know that they will be sending rejections as well, so regardless hopefully we all get an update on our status with the program at some point. Keep a lookout for emails and keep checking your portal!

Hey everyone! So I just called and asked about acceptances/matches and they told me that they're planning on starting to roll them out by the end of this week and that they will continue it throughout the summer! 🥳 They also let me know that they will be sending rejections as well, so regardless hopefully we all get an update on our status with the program at some point. Keep a lookout for emails and keep checking your portal!
Thank you for calling and letting us know!! Good luck everyone!!😊

Check your emails! I was matched in Little Rock, Arkansas doing tuberculosis prevention.

Also heard back! Matched in Charlotte, NC doing HIV/AIDS prevention!