2023 PHAP (CDC's Public Health Associate Program)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone else received match emails or rejection emails yet? I wonder if they send the matches out by state?

Members don't see this ad.

I got matched in Cleveland, OH for health equity/access to care!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I got matched in Washington D.C. for Public Health Surveillance! WOOOOO!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Got matched in Washington D.C. for injury prevention but will be declining the offer

I got matched in Madison, Wisconsin for environmental health lead poisoning prevention!

I got matched in Lawrenceville, Ga for Tuberculosis Prevention!

Has anyone else received match emails or rejection emails yet? I wonder if they send the matches out by state?
No rejection emails, but two weeks ago, my portal showed that I was "not selected". It's kinda weird. My application disappeared, and I had to go to " all applications" to find it.

I was matched in Los Angeles, CA for TB Prevention! If anyone else was matched in LA, DM me :)

Also, is there a FB group for this cohort already? I can start one if not and if people would like to join it.

Reactions: 9 users
I got matched in Batavia, OH for STI prevention!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got matched in Tallahassee, Florida for TB prevention. Reach out if you were also matched here. 😆

Congratulations everyone!🎉

Ugh I haven’t received anything yet and I am becoming so discouraged :(

I haven’t either. I feel your pain but we must remember they’re sending things out in waves. And no rejections is a good thing.

Hi everyone! Congrats to everyone who has heard back. I created a linkedIn group for us to talk and meet each other! CDC PHAP 2023 Cohort

I haven’t either. I feel your pain but we must remember they’re sending things out in waves. And no rejections is a good thing.
You’re right. It’s killing me tho hahah. Let me know when you hear back please!

Question for those who have been matched and accepted: have you heard back from HR yet to complete the next steps (fingerprinting or background checks)? It's been about a week and a half since I accepted and was just wondering if anyone had updates.

Question for those who have been matched and accepted: have you heard back from HR yet to complete the next steps (fingerprinting or background checks)? It's been about a week and a half since I accepted and was just wondering if anyone had updates.
Hello! I haven’t received any correspondence from HR. It kinda sucks because I’ve already found an apartment in my matched location but they want an offer letter to approve me. I called HR yesterday and they said they don’t have an updated timeline because there are so many PHAP students.

Does anyone know if they are still matching people? I have still not received a match or rejection email. My application status still says “referred”. I know technically they said until September but I don’t want to hold on to hope if there is none.

Have any of you been successful in speaking with someone by contacting the PHAP help desk? Over the last 3 days, I've attempted to make a call at various times throughout the day, but each time, the call rings and then disconnects.

It does the same for me. Call this number instead and press 5 for “general inquiries”. I was able to reach someone this way. (770) 488-1725
Have any of you been successful in speaking with someone by contacting the PHAP help desk? Over the last 3 days, I've attempted to make a call at various times throughout the day, but each time, the call rings and then disconnects.

It does the same for me. Call this number instead and press 5 for “general inquiries”. I was able to reach someone this way. (770) 488-1725
Thank you so very much! I just found out I was calling the wrong phone number, but I will use this number if I come across any issues with the main number

Thank you so very much! I just found out I was calling the wrong phone number, but I will use this number if I come across any issues with the main number
What is the correct PHAP help desk number? Were you successful in reaching them?

Has anyone heard anything?
I tried emailing PHAP, they sent me to CDC human resources, who sent me to the CDC HR helpdesk...who haven't gotten back to me yet. I'm not sure why it is so difficult to get answers about next steps right now

Has anyone heard if they are still matching people? I still haven’t received a match or rejection email

Did everyone get the email that they are delaying our start date? I still haven't received all of my onboarding links yet, so I understand that HR is running behind, but I am pretty disappointed by the delay.

Ik they will be matching into September so fingers crossed!
Where did you hear they would be matching in September? I had heard that from someone else too, but I talked with the CDC this morning and they said that all tentative offers have been sent out as of over a month ago and that anyone that hadn’t heard back did not get the position :( I didn’t get in either. Oh well, there is always next year. Best of luck!

Hi everyone! Could anyone who was offered a position please share a bit about their experience being part of the program? I’m a 2024 cohort applicant and would like to get a better idea about what the program is like once inside. Thanks!