2024-2025 Northeast Ohio (NEOMED)

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does everyone get a secondary here? I got a long "
Notice of AMCAS Primary Application Receipt" but looking into it now, I don't see anywhere to access a secondary and that was 5 days ago.
 
Does everyone get a secondary here? I got a long "
Notice of AMCAS Primary Application Receipt" but looking into it now, I don't see anywhere to access a secondary and that was 5 days ago.
In prior years, not everyone got a secondary which is likely how this year is going also.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got the email when I was at work and the earliest date I saw was 11/12 and I waited till I got home three hours later to actually schedule and the earliest was 12/10. Not complaining tho just happy to have a II
 
Any tips about the interview for those who already did it? It seems to be rather short.

Don't be too stressed about it! My interviewer said his goal was to make me as comfortable as possible, and he did a really good job. It is short but it's not rushed. Just a conversation more than anything! This is more a general interview tip, but do remember to have questions ready to ask at the end.
 
Just received a secondary application a few days ago after submitting the primary in August. Is it worth still completing the secondary?
 
Greeting. I don't know if I have a chance to get an II as I don't get any new from NEOMED. I completed my secondary in first week of August. Do you think I am out of luck? Thank you.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just got a withdrawal Email even though I did not do anything and I have an interview slot. Wrote back franticly. Not cool. There's no phone number nor is there any reassurance they will do anything upon receipt of the Email. This is not good. This process is expensive and stressful enough.
 
I just got a withdrawal Email even though I did not do anything and I have an interview slot. Wrote back franticly. Not cool. There's no phone number nor is there any reassurance they will do anything upon receipt of the Email. This is not good. This process is expensive and stressful enough.
That is terrifying. Best of luck oh goodness. They should let you in for emotional distress haha
 
Any OOS left in radio silence? I submitted like 7/24 but haven't heard anything. Do they usually reject people all the way at the end or is this school a school where no news is still good news?
 
Greeting. I don't know if I have a chance to get an II as I don't get any new from NEOMED. I completed my secondary in first week of August. Do you think I am out of luck? Thank you.
Hi! I submitted my application around the same time you did, and I received my interview invite in the beginning of october. After I got the invite the first available date to interview was in mid-December.
 
Any OOS left in radio silence? I submitted like 7/24 but haven't heard anything. Do they usually reject people all the way at the end or is this school a school where no news is still good news?
Looks like in the past they started doing post-secondary but pre-II rejections in March. The latest II I saw given last year was one reported here on SDN in January. If you look at cycletrack--> Northeast Ohio which is typically biased towards higher stats apps and early invites you can get a little bit of a vibe (take it with a grain of salt because for schools with relatively fewer apps its less informative). There were a few II in mid-December last year too, so maybe some will come by Friday who knows. I would say our odds are getting slim at this point if they do what they did in the past, but there is still a chance. Good luck!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a question. I just completed my NEOMED interview like a few days ago. Will I receive a email saying that NEOMED committee reviewed my app fully? Or no notification?
 
I have a question. I just completed my NEOMED interview like a few days ago. Will I receive a email saying that NEOMED committee reviewed my app fully? Or no notification?
I interviewed in mid December and got an email about three weeks later thanking me for interviewing and saying that they have read my file but they’re not sharing decisions yet. Holidays probably impacted how long this took, but I’d assume you’ll get an email in the next few weeks.