2024-2025 Northeast Ohio (NEOMED)

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Received an A. Is the two week acceptance decision a requirement? What if we take longer than 2 weeks from the acceptance email to accept? I thought we had until April 15 to narrow it down to 3 med schools and then April 30 to narrow it down to 1?

I'm concerned that there's no chance we will be able to compare financial aid packages, which often come in the next couple months, in the chance any is offered beyond federal loans.
 
Received an A. Is the two week acceptance decision a requirement? What if we take longer than 2 weeks from the acceptance email to accept? I thought we had until April 15 to narrow it down to 3 med schools and then April 30 to narrow it down to 1?

I'm concerned that there's no chance we will be able to compare financial aid packages, which often come in the next couple months, in the chance any is offered beyond federal loans.
After the two weeks they automatically withdraw the acceptance. The April 15th and April 30th deadlines still apply. "Accepting" your acceptance right now isn't binding on your part and you don't need to withdraw from anywhere else if you're waiting on financial aid information.

Source: Let the two weeks pass and withdrew my application
 
OOS AL

Me reading past posts about how NEOMED accepts something like 70% (?) of its interviewees in prior cycles: :soexcited:
Me reading a full page today of comment after comment after comment of people told they're placed on the AL along with all the many others without barely an A or two in sight: 😑 hehe
I’m a current M1 at NEOMED, and so many of my classmates got accepted from the AL (myself included). There is absolutely massive movement from the list and they can accept you at any point from now until soon before M1 orientation
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hello,

I applied to the early decision program. I did not get in. In late Sept I received this: At this point, the committee elected not to extend an offer of early decision acceptance. This is not a final admission decision. Rather than issue a final admission decision at this time, we will instead "roll" your application credentials into the AMCAS regular decision plan pool of candidates for admission consideration. This change of admission plan will keep you in our regular decision pool and you will remain eligible to receive acceptance into the NEOMED Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) program for 2025 matriculation."

I have not received any other information from the school. I called earlier this week and left a message and they didn't return my call. Am I still in consideration? I guess I am confused because it doesn't stated if I am on an alternate list. However, I have also not received a rejection letter
 
hello,

I applied to the early decision program. I did not get in. In late Sept I received this: At this point, the committee elected not to extend an offer of early decision acceptance. This is not a final admission decision. Rather than issue a final admission decision at this time, we will instead "roll" your application credentials into the AMCAS regular decision plan pool of candidates for admission consideration. This change of admission plan will keep you in our regular decision pool and you will remain eligible to receive acceptance into the NEOMED Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) program for 2025 matriculation."

I have not received any other information from the school. I called earlier this week and left a message and they didn't return my call. Am I still in consideration? I guess I am confused because it doesn't stated if I am on an alternate list. However, I have also not received a rejection letter

Did you get an interview or is this before interview
 
granted[emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]]]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]] said:
I interviewed

So you didn’t get any decision yet?
 
Just got an application update email basically saying they would delay final decision on my app through June. Is this meaningful? Has anyone Received A through this?
+1 to receiving this extremely odd email... (assuming you mean pre-II). They have redefined soft R.

Edit: I'm getting the vibe that everyone who got a secondary got this email and the "majority" rejections were probably pre-secondary?? Bc surely someone would have reported an R if it was the majority lol
 
Last edited:
Received the same Pre-II R email that has been disguised as "yeah if we end up under-enrolling even after handing out As and going through the WL, we will look at your app for a potential II." lol. What an odd way to phrase a rejection.

Edit: This was in the email: "While we have notified the majority of our candidate pool that we will not have a seat for them in our entering M.D. class later this July, we would like to delay any final decision on your application through June, [NAME]. Should our estimate of the available seats prove to be inaccurate we would reach out to any interested candidates in May and June as necessary to conduct additional regular decision interviews."

So it seems like people have received a Pre-II R email that is a little more negative sounding? Either way, would not count on it.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Received the same email as the others above. I will mentally see this as a pre-II R b/c wasn't this school's WL size like 800 lol? Given the class size of 192, they can definitely fill all spots with just their WL size. It would take a historic mess-up on the school's part or some miracle to somehow create a situation where they dive into this deferred pool.

Not really sure why they didn't just outright reject us? It makes me want to think they liked me, but tbh they probably just got to my app too late rip.
 
Received the same email as the others above. I will mentally see this as a pre-II R b/c wasn't this school's WL size like 800 lol? Given the class size of 192, they can definitely fill all spots with just their WL size. It would take a historic mess-up on the school's part or some miracle to somehow create a situation where they dive into this deferred pool.

Not really sure why they didn't just outright reject us? It makes me want to think they liked me, but tbh they probably just got to my app too late rip.
Like what gives man? Do you guys think it's smart to send an LOI and/or Update Letter as a reply to this email? I'm still very interested in this school, so I could provide an update on what I have been doing since the time of submission...
 
Like what gives man? Do you guys think it's smart to send an LOI and/or Update Letter as a reply to this email? I'm still very interested in this school, so I could provide an update on what I have been doing since the time of submission...
Same, I just emailed the school asking this so I will let you know what they say! I really wanted to update them with some new pubs I got recently. I'm desperate at this point lmao.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same, I just emailed the school asking this so I will let you know what they say! I really wanted to update them with some new pubs I got recently. I'm desperate at this point lmao.
please let us know! i’d also like to update them or at the very least I want more clarification on what this means
 
hey all. I just received that email as well. I am in my mid 30's (non trad) and I have a house in the area with a free room. If anyone gets in last minute and needs a place with cheap rent then DM me! Or in anyone doesn't want to live in Rootstown and wants cheaper rent with a yard and is interested in a place let me know!
 
Last year, didn't a bunch of people get June interviews and get into NEOMED in July? I might be jumping the gun but can someone from last year NEOMED applicants confirm this for me
 
Received the same email as the others above. I will mentally see this as a pre-II R b/c wasn't this school's WL size like 800 lol? Given the class size of 192, they can definitely fill all spots with just their WL size. It would take a historic mess-up on the school's part or some miracle to somehow create a situation where they dive into this deferred pool.

Not really sure why they didn't just outright reject us? It makes me want to think they liked me, but tbh they probably just got to my app too late rip.
Didn’t apply but a friend got this email and thinks it’s good news. I feel like this is really weird because what MD school does last minute interviews to fill their class?
 
Received an email last week from here after my feb interview stating they do not have an admission decision at this time they just want to keep in touch. Should I take this as a rejection?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad