You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Northeast Ohio (NEOMED)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
josephpoolpo
Full Member
Will you be going here? Or chose someplace else?+1 OOS A off the WL. Interviewed in August
IS off the AL, very good interview in February.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
josephpoolpo
Full Member
more info on LM and ECs?IS off the AL, very good interview in February.
ofincidentallymetric
Full Member
wow congrats!! that is super exciting. and good to know theyre taking people off the AL already!IS off the AL, very good interview in February.
Received an A. Is the two week acceptance decision a requirement? What if we take longer than 2 weeks from the acceptance email to accept? I thought we had until April 15 to narrow it down to 3 med schools and then April 30 to narrow it down to 1?
I'm concerned that there's no chance we will be able to compare financial aid packages, which often come in the next couple months, in the chance any is offered beyond federal loans.
I'm concerned that there's no chance we will be able to compare financial aid packages, which often come in the next couple months, in the chance any is offered beyond federal loans.
Spidey2002
Full Member
After the two weeks they automatically withdraw the acceptance. The April 15th and April 30th deadlines still apply. "Accepting" your acceptance right now isn't binding on your part and you don't need to withdraw from anywhere else if you're waiting on financial aid information.Received an A. Is the two week acceptance decision a requirement? What if we take longer than 2 weeks from the acceptance email to accept? I thought we had until April 15 to narrow it down to 3 med schools and then April 30 to narrow it down to 1?
I'm concerned that there's no chance we will be able to compare financial aid packages, which often come in the next couple months, in the chance any is offered beyond federal loans.
Source: Let the two weeks pass and withdrew my application
I’m a current M1 at NEOMED, and so many of my classmates got accepted from the AL (myself included). There is absolutely massive movement from the list and they can accept you at any point from now until soon before M1 orientationOOS AL
Me reading past posts about how NEOMED accepts something like 70% (?) of its interviewees in prior cycles:
Me reading a full page today of comment after comment after comment of people told they're placed on the AL along with all the many others without barely an A or two in sight: 😑 hehe
Does NEOMED have a Second Look Day scheduled? I’ve gone through my emails and their website but don’t see anything. Maybe I’m missing something.
Neomed doesn't accept update letters.what are the chances to get off waitlist if OOS? do they accept update letters/what can i do?
bruhmoment12
Full Member
Anyone know how to submit LOIs to this school?
Anyone know how to submit LOIs to this school?
Read literally one post before yours.
bruhmoment12
Full Member
I'm talking about LOI's my guy.Read literally one post before yours
They don't accept LOIs. Pretty much, if you get an offer you accept.I'm talking about LOI's my guy.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
josephpoolpo
Full Member
Anyone know how to submit LOIs to this school?
Yea Email them directly your LOI
hello,
I applied to the early decision program. I did not get in. In late Sept I received this: At this point, the committee elected not to extend an offer of early decision acceptance. This is not a final admission decision. Rather than issue a final admission decision at this time, we will instead "roll" your application credentials into the AMCAS regular decision plan pool of candidates for admission consideration. This change of admission plan will keep you in our regular decision pool and you will remain eligible to receive acceptance into the NEOMED Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) program for 2025 matriculation."
I have not received any other information from the school. I called earlier this week and left a message and they didn't return my call. Am I still in consideration? I guess I am confused because it doesn't stated if I am on an alternate list. However, I have also not received a rejection letter
I applied to the early decision program. I did not get in. In late Sept I received this: At this point, the committee elected not to extend an offer of early decision acceptance. This is not a final admission decision. Rather than issue a final admission decision at this time, we will instead "roll" your application credentials into the AMCAS regular decision plan pool of candidates for admission consideration. This change of admission plan will keep you in our regular decision pool and you will remain eligible to receive acceptance into the NEOMED Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) program for 2025 matriculation."
I have not received any other information from the school. I called earlier this week and left a message and they didn't return my call. Am I still in consideration? I guess I am confused because it doesn't stated if I am on an alternate list. However, I have also not received a rejection letter
josephpoolpo
Full Member
hello,
I applied to the early decision program. I did not get in. In late Sept I received this: At this point, the committee elected not to extend an offer of early decision acceptance. This is not a final admission decision. Rather than issue a final admission decision at this time, we will instead "roll" your application credentials into the AMCAS regular decision plan pool of candidates for admission consideration. This change of admission plan will keep you in our regular decision pool and you will remain eligible to receive acceptance into the NEOMED Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) program for 2025 matriculation."
I have not received any other information from the school. I called earlier this week and left a message and they didn't return my call. Am I still in consideration? I guess I am confused because it doesn't stated if I am on an alternate list. However, I have also not received a rejection letter
Did you get an interview or is this before interview
I interviewedDid you get an interview or is this before interview
josephpoolpo
Full Member
I interviewed
So you didn’t get any decision yet?
No I haven't received any communication since 9/24So you didn’t get any decision yet?
josephpoolpo
Full Member
tbh they handed out all their waitlists/A/R before march 15th. so im not sure what that means for youNo I haven't received any communication since 9/24
all good homie!tbh they handed out all their waitlists/A/R before march 15th. so im not sure what that means for you
+1 to receiving this extremely odd email... (assuming you mean pre-II). They have redefined soft R.Just got an application update email basically saying they would delay final decision on my app through June. Is this meaningful? Has anyone Received A through this?
Edit: I'm getting the vibe that everyone who got a secondary got this email and the "majority" rejections were probably pre-secondary?? Bc surely someone would have reported an R if it was the majority lol
Last edited:
+1 OOSJust got an application update email basically saying they would delay final decision on my app through June. Is this meaningful? Has anyone Received A through this?
D
deleted1212093
Received the same Pre-II R email that has been disguised as "yeah if we end up under-enrolling even after handing out As and going through the WL, we will look at your app for a potential II." lol. What an odd way to phrase a rejection.
Edit: This was in the email: "While we have notified the majority of our candidate pool that we will not have a seat for them in our entering M.D. class later this July, we would like to delay any final decision on your application through June, [NAME]. Should our estimate of the available seats prove to be inaccurate we would reach out to any interested candidates in May and June as necessary to conduct additional regular decision interviews."
So it seems like people have received a Pre-II R email that is a little more negative sounding? Either way, would not count on it.
Edit: This was in the email: "While we have notified the majority of our candidate pool that we will not have a seat for them in our entering M.D. class later this July, we would like to delay any final decision on your application through June, [NAME]. Should our estimate of the available seats prove to be inaccurate we would reach out to any interested candidates in May and June as necessary to conduct additional regular decision interviews."
So it seems like people have received a Pre-II R email that is a little more negative sounding? Either way, would not count on it.
Last edited by a moderator:
Received the same email as the others above. I will mentally see this as a pre-II R b/c wasn't this school's WL size like 800 lol? Given the class size of 192, they can definitely fill all spots with just their WL size. It would take a historic mess-up on the school's part or some miracle to somehow create a situation where they dive into this deferred pool.
Not really sure why they didn't just outright reject us? It makes me want to think they liked me, but tbh they probably just got to my app too late rip.
Not really sure why they didn't just outright reject us? It makes me want to think they liked me, but tbh they probably just got to my app too late rip.
bruhmoment12
Full Member
Like what gives man? Do you guys think it's smart to send an LOI and/or Update Letter as a reply to this email? I'm still very interested in this school, so I could provide an update on what I have been doing since the time of submission...Received the same email as the others above. I will mentally see this as a pre-II R b/c wasn't this school's WL size like 800 lol? Given the class size of 192, they can definitely fill all spots with just their WL size. It would take a historic mess-up on the school's part or some miracle to somehow create a situation where they dive into this deferred pool.
Not really sure why they didn't just outright reject us? It makes me want to think they liked me, but tbh they probably just got to my app too late rip.
Same, I just emailed the school asking this so I will let you know what they say! I really wanted to update them with some new pubs I got recently. I'm desperate at this point lmao.Like what gives man? Do you guys think it's smart to send an LOI and/or Update Letter as a reply to this email? I'm still very interested in this school, so I could provide an update on what I have been doing since the time of submission...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
cherryblossom37
Full Member
please let us know! i’d also like to update them or at the very least I want more clarification on what this meansSame, I just emailed the school asking this so I will let you know what they say! I really wanted to update them with some new pubs I got recently. I'm desperate at this point lmao.
hey all. I just received that email as well. I am in my mid 30's (non trad) and I have a house in the area with a free room. If anyone gets in last minute and needs a place with cheap rent then DM me! Or in anyone doesn't want to live in Rootstown and wants cheaper rent with a yard and is interested in a place let me know!
josephpoolpo
Full Member
Last year, didn't a bunch of people get June interviews and get into NEOMED in July? I might be jumping the gun but can someone from last year NEOMED applicants confirm this for me
ribonucleoprotein
Full Member
Last year, didn't a bunch of people get June interviews and get into NEOMED in July? I might be jumping the gun but can someone from last year NEOMED applicants confirm this for me
scrolled thru last years thread and not one interview in june
Iron Man23
M.D. Class of 2029
Didn’t apply but a friend got this email and thinks it’s good news. I feel like this is really weird because what MD school does last minute interviews to fill their class?Received the same email as the others above. I will mentally see this as a pre-II R b/c wasn't this school's WL size like 800 lol? Given the class size of 192, they can definitely fill all spots with just their WL size. It would take a historic mess-up on the school's part or some miracle to somehow create a situation where they dive into this deferred pool.
Not really sure why they didn't just outright reject us? It makes me want to think they liked me, but tbh they probably just got to my app too late rip.
josephpoolpo
Full Member
you'd be surprised lmao. there are some schools that do this.Didn’t apply but a friend got this email and thinks it’s good news. I feel like this is really weird because what MD school does last minute interviews to fill their class?
FutureDOctor2125
New Member
Received an email last week from here after my feb interview stating they do not have an admission decision at this time they just want to keep in touch. Should I take this as a rejection?
ofincidentallymetric
Full Member
+1 Alternate/waitlist after feb interview
Did they end up responding to you?Same, I just emailed the school asking this so I will let you know what they say! I really wanted to update them with some new pubs I got recently. I'm desperate at this point lmao.
josephpoolpo
Full Member
yes, theres like 800 people on this waitlistReceived an email last week from here after my feb interview stating they do not have an admission decision at this time they just want to keep in touch. Should I take this as a rejection?
Lol no response 🙁Did they end up responding to you?
Neomed doesn't consider update letters or LOILol no response 🙁
Gotcha, thanks! I also asked em about what this whole email meant, so maybe they'll get back to me later or not. Oh well.Neomed doesn't consider update letters or LOI
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does NEOMED have a Second Look Day for accepted students?
They have one scheduled for late April and another for May.Does NEOMED have a Second Look Day for accepted students?
Has anyone received details or a way to sign up for it already? I've checked my emails after being accepted and don't see anything. Nor is it in the portal.They have one scheduled for late April and another for May.
watashiwastar
Full Member
Starting any email off with “congratulations” and it’s not an acceptance is wild
Similar threads
- Replies
- 969
- Views
- 218K
