You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Northeast Ohio (NEOMED)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
pinklover01
Full Member
OOS A!!
josephpoolpo
Full Member
When did you interview? And LM, ECs, interview feeling?OOS A!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
josephpoolpo
Full Member
When did you interview? And LM, ECs, interview feeling?IS A came about an hour ago
Interviewed early September, I think the first batch of II. LM 72. Average EC’s 400 clinical work, no research at time of app. 70 shadow. 250 volunteer at food bank. Interview I thought went above average to really well. Got along with the faculty member and we chatted about the Buckeyes lol.When did you interview? And LM, ECs, interview feeling?
Zombieassasin9
New Member
Is the offer of acceptance form binding?
stoicinwaiting
New Member
To those that received As. Did you get a phone call or email? Or both?
I only got an emailTo those that received As. Did you get a phone call or email? Or both?
stoicinwaiting
New Member
Any more updates out there? Comparing this thread to last years - there’s a big difference in traffic.
NorthEastStudent
Full Member
That's what I saw as well. For me, it's still no word from the schoolAny more updates out there? Comparing this thread to last years - there’s a big difference in traffic.
stanmannn
New Member
Anyone else have had difficulty getting in contact with admissions? I've had a question about my credits that I emailed about 3x the past 3 months, submitted the online form 2x, and called the admissions office multiple times directly, and all I've gotten was silence.
Or anyone know who I can get in contact with?
Or anyone know who I can get in contact with?
meduser1224
Full Member
+1 II
stoicinwaiting
New Member
So we are coming close to the end of the first week of February. They said they would release info starting in early February. Was really hoping for something. Anyone have updates to share? Acceptances? Alt list?
josephpoolpo
Full Member
when did you have your IISo we are coming close to the end of the first week of February. They said they would release info starting in early February. Was really hoping for something. Anyone have updates to share? Acceptances? Alt list?
meowowowow
New Member
any more updates? i interviewed sept 17 and nothing
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
stoicinwaiting
New Member
Mid Novemberwhen did you have your II
stoicinwaiting
New Member
I’m wondering the same thing. Last years neomed thread had so much conversation on it. This year is so quiet - a bit unsettling.any more updates? i interviewed sept 17 and nothing
meowowowow
New Member
Yeah it’s honestly making me more nervous. I wonder where everyone is atI’m wondering the same thing. Last years neomed thread had so much conversation on it. This year is so quiet - a bit unsettling.
Spidey2002
Full Member
+1 IS A back on January 24. I've since withdrawn my application though since I received an acceptance from another MD school that I felt would be a better fit. Best wishes to those on the waitlist or still awaiting decisions!
josephpoolpo
Full Member
when was your Interview+1 IS A back on January 24. I've since withdrawn my application though since I received an acceptance from another MD school that I felt would be a better fit. Best wishes to those on the waitlist or still awaiting decisions!
Spidey2002
Full Member
Late Augustwhen was your Interview
ofincidentallymetric
Full Member
+1 II last tuesday
meowowowow
New Member
another friday with nothing so far!
stoicinwaiting
New Member
I wish I knew how the rounds went. Like if they are doing rounds based on interview schedule, some scoring rubric they used, or something else.
stoicinwaiting
New Member
When did you interview in September? Early/mid/late?Any one heard about acceptances?. Interviewed in Sep and was told via email in Nov that decisions will be out in early February.
When reviewing the email they sent out, they said they would start in early February releasing acceptances in rounds.
I’m curious if they are doing it by interview dates or something else.
D
deleted1200826
Compared with previous years, the school seems to be doing something very different this year with releasing admission decisions.
I also interviewed in September, got the ii late Aug. and had the interview mid Sept. Was kind of expecting to have heard from them by now tbh. I've only seen the one round of decisions that went out about 3 weeks ago based on this thread and cycletrack, which matches with last year but they also released decisions mid Feb last year. There really isn't a lot of data out there, but given that less than half their class comes from RD applicants that kind of makes senseWhen did you interview in September? Early/mid/late?
When reviewing the email they sent out, they said they would start in early February releasing acceptances in rounds.
I’m curious if they are doing it by interview dates or something else.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
watashiwastar
Full Member
IS alternate list
GraveOfTheFireflies
Full Member
OOS AL
meowowowow
New Member
oos al 🙁
D
deleted1200826
IS AL
bnardblues
Full Member
OOS AL
prayinforanA
Full Member
+1 IS alternate list
hockey99girl
New Member
IS WL 2/17/25
II 10/5/24
Interview 12/10/24
LM 69
II 10/5/24
Interview 12/10/24
LM 69
hockey99girl
New Member
Not sure on numbers, but my understanding is that they take quite a few. This is from their website:OOS Alternate Anyone know how many alts get in usually?
"Most of our regular decision plan students that matriculate into the M.D. program spend a period of time on our alternate list. "
source: Admitted....Now What? | Northeast Ohio Medical University | NEOMED
FindingNemo1
Full Member
OOS AL
nickelanddimed114
New Member
OOS AL
Interview date: 2/3/25
Interview date: 2/3/25
OOS AL
Me reading past posts about how NEOMED accepts something like 70% (?) of its interviewees in prior cycles:
Me reading a full page today of comment after comment after comment of people told they're placed on the AL along with all the many others without barely an A or two in sight: 😑 hehe
Me reading past posts about how NEOMED accepts something like 70% (?) of its interviewees in prior cycles:

Me reading a full page today of comment after comment after comment of people told they're placed on the AL along with all the many others without barely an A or two in sight: 😑 hehe
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Admit.org shows a 40% post-ii acceptance, and when I was there for a tour/info session in December they showed us their matriculant stats, and it's something like 25% of their class from their post-bacc, and like 25-50% from their EA/ED programs since they do have a focus on those northeastern Ohio colleges/students, so I think a lot of the RD applicants get AL at first until they know how everything else is going to shake outOOS AL
Me reading past posts about how NEOMED accepts something like 70% of its interviewees in prior cycles:
Me reading a full page today of comment after comment after comment of people told they're placed on the AL along with all the many others without barely an A or two in sight: 😑
(Preface: I didn't get an interview here--I'm just lurking), but this is MSAR info for NEOMED waitlist... looks like heavy RD get AL and a lot do get off.Admit.org shows a 40% post-ii acceptance, and when I was there for a tour/info session in December they showed us their matriculant stats, and it's something like 25% of their class from their post-bacc, and like 25-50% from their EA/ED programs since they do have a focus on those northeastern Ohio colleges/students, so I think a lot of the RD applicants get AL at first until they know how everything else is going to shake out
To add, MSAR says last year they interviewed 892 people, 79 who matriculated came from EAP or EDP. That means almost every single RD applicant is AL at first. Kinda insane.
Last edited:
I just got the A.
josephpoolpo
Full Member
OOS? and maybe more info on LM Ecs and how your interview went?I just got the A.
josephpoolpo
Full Member
Anyone accepted know if there is a groupme or anything? I got the A back in September, but just wondering
GroupMe
Join the NEOMED C/O 2029 Discord Server!
Check out the NEOMED C/O 2029 community on Discord - hang out with 1 other members and enjoy free voice and text chat.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 969
- Views
- 218K