You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 WMed MBS
Started by mayhaps
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
“I hope this email finds you well! Our goal throughout our admissions cycles is to be as transparent as possible, and to keep you up to date on your status and where we are in the admissions process on a monthly basis.Monthly update email.
With that being said, you remain under consideration for an MBS interview. We completed our first interviews last week and plan to conduct more interviews between late April and mid-May. We expect to be done with interviews and able to inform all applicants of their admission status by late May or early June at the absolute latest. WMed does not do silent rejections, so all applicants remain actively considered until communicated otherwise.“
I saw that this morning! That is good to know! Now it is just a patient waiting game from here!Monthly update email.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
PLEASEACCEPTMEBRO
Full Member
Did anyone else not receive the email? Should I check with them to make sure my application went through?
Edit: Just received it! 😮💨
Edit: Just received it! 😮💨
Last edited:
I am guessing. It seems the people who applied early February were the first batch to get interviewed. I applied directly mid-March before the priority review deadline of March 17th. I don’t think I would hear back until the end of this month but we’ll see!Are they reviewing applications in order?
I’m curious what it means for us folks who were taken out of the MD pool because in that case I applied 8 months ago at least.
Peninsularan99
New Member
So far, we know:
1. In previous years, the only way to be considered was to be invited to apply. Only recently have you been able to apply without being invited. It was implied that they made this change because they struggled to fill the cohort with only the invited applicants. (Many of the invitees may get an acceptance from a different school).
2. The two applicants we know were interviewed were invited to apply on February 10th.
3. More interviews are coming.
4. I know my application was submitted a day before one of the interviewees, so it doesn't seem that it is purely based on time submitted.
It seems like the invited applicants are given priority review. If you were invited, I would anticipate receiving an interview. I'm not extremely optimistic about acceptance, but it would be strange to receive an email saying you have been selected as part of a "small group" and then not be contacted again.
Best of luck to everyone.
1. In previous years, the only way to be considered was to be invited to apply. Only recently have you been able to apply without being invited. It was implied that they made this change because they struggled to fill the cohort with only the invited applicants. (Many of the invitees may get an acceptance from a different school).
2. The two applicants we know were interviewed were invited to apply on February 10th.
3. More interviews are coming.
4. I know my application was submitted a day before one of the interviewees, so it doesn't seem that it is purely based on time submitted.
It seems like the invited applicants are given priority review. If you were invited, I would anticipate receiving an interview. I'm not extremely optimistic about acceptance, but it would be strange to receive an email saying you have been selected as part of a "small group" and then not be contacted again.
Best of luck to everyone.
PLEASEACCEPTMEBRO
Full Member
@TopGooner @city15
When you interviewed, were you able to see how many other interviewees were in your meeting by any chance?
When you interviewed, were you able to see how many other interviewees were in your meeting by any chance?
Was considering too. I’d have to email it to them which would be awkIs sending an update letter a bad idea?
PurpleOstrich34
Full Member
Congrats! Did you apply from MD application? If so when did you?Just got an interview invite today at 11:40 am
thank you sm! no I applied directly and submitted it January 14thCongrats! Did you apply from MD application? If so when did you?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
PLEASEACCEPTMEBRO
Full Member
I was told that you can send it through AMP.Was considering too. I’d have to email it to them which would be awk
TopGooner
Full Member
I was the only person in the call. The interviews are individual; it is you and 2-3 staff.@TopGooner @city15
When you interviewed, were you able to see how many other interviewees were in your meeting by any chance?
Last edited:
If you have sent your complete application to them I think it's just waiting time now.Also debating if it's a good idea to send an update letter as i was invited to apply in February, though I'm not sure if it's a good idea since they're actively conducting interviews/sending them out it seems
I agree with @wysdoc on this. It seems like their committee and admissions team has put their full attention to now screening and reviewing potential MBS candidates now that the regular MD admissions cycle is wrapping up. Although I am eagerly waiting for an interview invite with a direct application submitted mid-March I told myself to just patiently wait for the best as they go through all the applications. If you already applied I think it’s really just a waiting game. Best of luck to you!Also debating if it's a good idea to send an update letter as i was invited to apply in February, though I'm not sure if it's a good idea since they're actively conducting interviews/sending them out it seems
Any recent IIs?
I was just about to message and ask the same thing lol.Any recent IIs?
zblue24
New Member
where did you hear the stat about the 15-20?To my understanding they interview only like 15-20 total people. Also I was told they interview through April but I’m not sure that’s true given no one has stated they’ve received an invite. Given that this is my only chance at having something set up for next year I’m banking on it.
It’s just been expressed by admissions that they really only interview a small handful of applicants for a small cohort because the mission of the program is to give opportunities to candidates who may not have all the qualifications to be competitive MD candidates and can benefit from receiving additional academic support before medical school. The alumni I met with recently graduated this year and she told me that they offer a limited amount of interviews due to the selective nature of the program but they do review every applicant who applies or expresses interest.where did you hear the stat about the 15-20?
curiousmed21
New Member
Hello all,
I interviewed for the program last week. I applied directly through the application portal early, and I fully submitted all materials needed on the date it opened, which was January 6th. I am happy to answer any questions.
I interviewed for the program last week. I applied directly through the application portal early, and I fully submitted all materials needed on the date it opened, which was January 6th. I am happy to answer any questions.
TopGooner
Full Member
Have you received any information on when you should expect a decision?Hello all,
I interviewed for the program last week. I applied directly through the application portal early, and I fully submitted all materials needed on the date it opened, which was January 6th. I am happy to answer any questions.
curiousmed21
New Member
They explained the next admission committee meeting was sometime in early May. From there, they aimed to have the class fully selected between late May and early June. Overall, it seemed fairly vague, which I believe is a result of the guaranteed review if submitted before May 1st.Have you received any information on when you should expect a decision?
For anyone who may not have been invited to an interview, did you get a notification that your application will not proceed to the interview stage?
I know Wmed said they don't do silent rejections, but I wonder if they are sending out pre-interview rejections at the end of this application process or as they review. Has anyone gotten any other application updates other than an interview invite?
I know Wmed said they don't do silent rejections, but I wonder if they are sending out pre-interview rejections at the end of this application process or as they review. Has anyone gotten any other application updates other than an interview invite?
mayhaps
Full Member
I havnt gotten an Interview Invite or a RejectionFor anyone who may not have been invited to an interview, did you get a notification that your application will not proceed to the interview stage?
I know Wmed said they don't do silent rejections, but I wonder if they are sending out pre-interview rejections at the end of this application process or as they review. Has anyone gotten any other application updates other than an interview invite?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
no II or R. In their regular program it was the same thing. I received monthly updates but then got an R. That just means that they will keep reviewing everyone at some point in the future. It’s not like you’ve been tossed aside as an R. Anytime get an II this week?
curiousmed21
New Member
Based on their last monthly update, maybe another one coming around May 14th ~ noon. However, because the program start date is approaching, we should start seeing some movement, whether it be interviews, rejections, or acceptances. It does feel like a long wait period based on the fact that the next cycle is about to begin shortly.no II or R. In their regular program it was the same thing. I received monthly updates but then got an R. That just means that they will keep reviewing everyone at some point in the future. It’s not like you’ve been tossed aside as an R. Anytime get an II this week?
I have a feeling they were waiting till the 5/1 priority deadline then will issue the final waive of IIs soon. They probably have already interviewed for about half their spotsBased on their last monthly update, maybe another one coming around May 14th ~ noon. However, because the program start date is approaching, we should start seeing some movement, whether it be interviews, rejections, or acceptances. It does feel like a long wait period based on the fact that the next cycle is about to begin shortly.
Nothing this week I’m guessing? Probably next week for some movement.
no news for me@city15 @xoxomedic @curiousmed21
Have you guys received any news yet?
curiousmed21
New Member
@city15 @xoxomedic @curiousmed21
Have you guys received any news yet?
Nope, nothing.
This upcoming week is probably the week that they will be meeting again to go over applications and send out more interview invites.
Wishing everyone the best of luck in the next few weeks!
I applied in early March, so hopefully I can hear back from something. My biggest concern is my MCAT score not meeting admission requirements, but GPA and everything else is strong, and my practice test scores are trending in the right direction. I am retaking my MCAT soon and will hopefully have my score back if that can factor in decisions, but I also know that may hold me back from getting an interview until then.
We just have to wait, see, and pray hopefully.
Wishing everyone the best of luck in the next few weeks!
I applied in early March, so hopefully I can hear back from something. My biggest concern is my MCAT score not meeting admission requirements, but GPA and everything else is strong, and my practice test scores are trending in the right direction. I am retaking my MCAT soon and will hopefully have my score back if that can factor in decisions, but I also know that may hold me back from getting an interview until then.
We just have to wait, see, and pray hopefully.
none yet!@city15 @xoxomedic @curiousmed21
Have you guys received any news yet?
CONGRATULATIONS!! Did you get a phone call or email!?Accepted today!!!!
TopGooner
Full Member
Thank you!! Phone call first then email.CONGRATULATIONS!! Did you get a phone call or email!?
curiousmed21
New Member
Accepted !!!!! Phone call then email
monkeythief
New Member
still no R or interview? Does Wmed send out MBBS invites for MD applicants often or is it selective?
I think it's all based on fit and selection criteria that the admissions team looks over for MD candidates. From previous cycles, it appears that a handful of MD candidates were extended the invitation to apply. Also, the program is available for direct admission, which looks like it is something they have only started doing recently. Still praying for an interview invite, but I am pretty confident all of us who are waiting should hear a final update within the next two weeks, whether that is an extension of the interview invitees or final decisions regarding application status. I applied in March, but it seems the committee is going down the line on a rolling basis (only an assumption), as outlined on their website. They could have half of their class filled by now, but again, who knows! So far, two people have been accepted on this thread!still no R or interview? Does Wmed send out MBBS invites for MD applicants often or is it selective?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Out of curiosity were any of those accepted urm? It looks like their program prefers those who identify as such.
curiousmed21
New Member
Yes I am non-trad URMOut of curiosity were any of those accepted urm? It looks like their program prefers those who identify as such.
I think they must’ve sent out their last couple interviews if there were any. I think we will get a monthly update this week stating they’re pretty much all set and we are out of luck. Looks like I’ll be doing this again next year y’all.
monkeythief
New Member
awe damn, that really sucks for me as well. :"(I think they must’ve sent out their last couple interviews if there were any. I think we will get a monthly update this week stating they’re pretty much all set and we are out of luck. Looks like I’ll be doing this again next year y’all.
Peninsularan99
New Member
Yes, it appears like they've concluded their admissions process. I'm sure we'll get an update this week since it will be one month since their previous "monthly update" email on Wednesday. I was hoping for an interview as well. Still, we should all keep in mind that reapplying this cycle and making an effort to improve our applications could very possibly result in us beginning our M1 year at the same time as we would be with an MBS acceptance. Personally, I have already retaken the MCAT and found other ways to strengthen my application. The only advice I have is to begin the process of reapplying as early as possible. Best of luck to you all.I think they must’ve sent out their last couple interviews if there were any. I think we will get a monthly update this week stating they’re pretty much all set and we are out of luck. Looks like I’ll be doing this again next year y’all.
Congratulations to those who received an acceptance!! I am very familiar with the Kalamazoo area and have friends in their third year at WMed. If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. I can answer or put you in contact with someone who can.