2026 Pain Medicine Boards

Started by Hot_Sauce
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Hot_Sauce

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Less than two weeks left to study. How's everyone feeling? I just finished the Board Vitals q bank. Any advice for what to do in these last 12 days to ensure passing? Thanks
 
Will have done one pass through Huntoon and one pass through Passmachine qbank. Really hoping that will be enough
 
Passmachine lectures and QBank once. I've also listened to a fair number of the Dannemiller lectures. I quit BV about 200 questions in or so because they felt esoteric. Started Huntoon but stopped because I felt I needed to commit to a single resource - would start here if I failed because I really like it and feel it's through and relevant.

It has been a weird test to study and prep. Don't feel great or horrible about it. We will see how she goes.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Will have done one pass through Huntoon and one pass through Passmachine qbank. Really hoping that will be enough
Passmachine lectures and QBank once. I've also listened to a fair number of the Dannemiller lectures. I quit BV about 200 questions in or so because they felt esoteric. Started Huntoon but stopped because I felt I needed to commit to a single resource - would start here if I failed because I really like it and feel it's through and relevant.

It has been a weird test to study and prep. Don't feel great or horrible about it. We will see how she goes.

How have I not heard of PassMachine until one week before the exam? Jeez. I did BoardVitals as mentioned and going through Huntoon now. I really hope it's enough too. PassMachine seems way better than BoardVitals.
 
I don't know if it's good. I just wasn't very impressed with BV when I went through a few cycle of questions. I need lectures and slides to listen to, which passmachine provided. Some really good lecturers, some really really bad lecturers.
 
I don't know if it's good. I just wasn't very impressed with BV when I went through a few cycle of questions. I need lectures and slides to listen to, which passmachine provided. Some really good lecturers, some really really bad lecturers.
Oh man, there was one guy who clearly pre wrote his entire lectures and then read them verbatim for each video. By the 3rd time I saw his name pop up on an intro slide I simply turned it off and read a chapter on the relevant topic instead. His talks weren't boring, so much as they were actively irritating. Truly horrible lectures.

I do agree there were some good ones from other people though.
 
Exactly my experience, I'm 99% sure you and I are referencing the same one. He gave a number of lectures that I felt were weighted heavily on the content outline and I ended up rage quitting his lectures because all he did was read line by line in a monotone voice. At least act like you know or expand or give insight on the bullet points. I instead relied on the question bank for learning those materials in more depth.

Reading past years feedback, I'm not sure what to expect except a ridiculous test and bad questions. It is what it is and it's the last one.
 
I don't know what to think. So many vague questions and answers. Impossible for me to predict how I did. 75% pass rate last year not too encouraging.