bird.nerd

Ohio State c/o 2025!
Nov 19, 2019
Ohio
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
I figured I would copy and paste this from last year because this really helped me last year when perfecting my essays as a second time applicant! :)

Since VMCAS opened back in January for this current cycle, that means there's much more time available for applicants to have their essays read/reviewed/edited than in previous years. Much more time to polish things up and make them as perfect as possible.

To applicants: You can send a PM regarding your essays to any of the members on the Current Readers list! Just the click the mail icon next to your username on the top right navigation bar/menu, and select "Start a new conversation". Then, type the username(s) of the reader(s) who you'd like to utilize in the Recipients box.

To readers:
DO NOT ERASE THESE INSTRUCTIONS!
1) Quote the most recent post.
2) Add your SDN username, your credentials, and specific things you are willing to edit for (content only, grammar only, etc) under the "current readers" section. DO NOT post your email address or any other identifying and/or public information.
3) Remove the quote tags.
4) If you are unable to read any more personal statements, please come back and remove your name from the list.

Example:
Username | Vet student/Pre-vet/Veterinarian/whatever | Focus on grammar/readability/content, etc. | Any other pertinent info

CURRENT READERS:
bird.nerd | Soon to be vet student c/o 2025 :love: | Good with synthesizing an idea, grammar, proof reading, editing and trimming essays down. I helped at my university's writing center and have always loved pushing myself in my English courses. I would love to assist anyone who needs help and it is a good way to keep busy while I wait for my last school's decision!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

cheval12

UW Madison c/o 2023!
2+ Year Member
Nov 8, 2018
Status (Visible)
  1. Veterinary Student
Hey guys! I'm doing a quick plug here for Galin Education and their Vet School Admissions Consulting Team.
I was a non-traditional student when I applied to vet school, and I felt super lost about the whole application process. I constantly searched for some sort of vet school advising company, but never found one. That's what Galin is trying to do. Feel free to reach out to us for help on polishing your application, cranking out essays, transcript evaluations, and personalized target school lists.
This process is so daunting, and we want to help make it less so. You got this, good luck!

EB73674

Ohio State c/o 2025
2+ Year Member
Apr 4, 2017
Since VMCAS opened back in January for this current cycle, that means there's much more time available for applicants to have their essays read/reviewed/edited than in previous years. Much more time to polish things up and make them as perfect as possible.

To applicants: You can send a PM regarding your essays to any of the members on the Current Readers list! Just the click the mail icon next to your username on the top right navigation bar/menu, and select "Start a new conversation". Then, type the username(s) of the reader(s) who you'd like to utilize in the Recipients box.

To readers:
2) Add your SDN username, your credentials, and specific things you are willing to edit for (content only, grammar only, etc) under the "current readers" section. DO NOT post your email address or any other identifying and/or public information.
4) If you are unable to read any more personal statements, please come back and remove your name from the list.

Example:
Username | Vet student/Pre-vet/Veterinarian/whatever | Focus on grammar/readability/content, etc. | Any other pertinent info

CURRENT READERS:
bird.nerd | Soon to be vet student c/o 2025 | Good with synthesizing an idea, grammar, proof reading, editing and trimming essays down. I helped at my university's writing center and have always loved pushing myself in my English courses. I would love to assist anyone who needs help and it is a good way to keep busy while I wait for my last school's decision!

EB73674 | Vet Student c/o 2025 | Very good with grammar/spelling/word choice/flow/general readability, good with general content & conveying your personal story & creating a cohesive/clear picture of someone's story or essay, particularly good at drawing out aspects of unique/diverse application packages. I can help with brainstorming ideas, but that would probably not be my best way to help. I spent a lot of time in undergrad reading & working on other people's papers, was originally a social sciences/humanities major, etc. Happy to also help folks figure out the non-traditional path to vet school if you need advice!

max_wildlife

Tufts '25!!
2+ Year Member
Mar 22, 2018
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary

To readers:

Example:

CURRENT READERS:
bird.nerd | Soon to be vet student c/o 2025 | Good with synthesizing an idea, grammar, proof reading, editing and trimming essays down. I helped at my university's writing center and have always loved pushing myself in my English courses. I would love to assist anyone who needs help and it is a good way to keep busy while I wait for my last school's decision!

EB73674 | Vet Student c/o 2025 | Very good with grammar/spelling/word choice/flow/general readability, good with general content & conveying your personal story & creating a cohesive/clear picture of someone's story or essay, particularly good at drawing out aspects of unique/diverse application packages. I can help with brainstorming ideas, but that would probably not be my best way to help. I spent a lot of time in undergrad reading & working on other people's papers, was originally a social sciences/humanities major, etc. Happy to also help folks figure out the non-traditional path to vet school if you need advice!

max_wildlife | Soon-to-Be Vet Student c/o 2025 | B.S. in Journalism, 2014; former columnist and editor-in-chief of school paper |
Overall, I'd say my skills lie more in editing, but I'm strong in narrative writing as well. Given my training, I can also help with a 'hook, line and sinker' approach if desired -- or otherwise catching the attention of your reader in the first two sentences, and then tying back your conclusion to your introduction. I'm also comfortable with tone, and strong at identifying irony and playing with rhetoric to drive points home in a unique way. Writing is more or less the only chance we have to express ourselves during the application process, and I can help you find creative ways to express who you are through your essay. Happy to help any time after April 1st!

About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.