21 MCAT first time, then 33Q 3.49 GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dtabares18

Hellboy138
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Nope

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You have a great chance of getting into a MD school since you have good MCAT and an URM status. Just apply early and you should be fine.

I had a great start in college pretty much 3.9 GPA throughout out my first 2 years of college. I declined in the senior year got some C+ and Bs,and for my senior I improved again ending with a 3.49. I took the MCAT last year for some reasons I did not study and got a 21. I retook the MCAT and scored a 33. I have also worked in a medical office for about 2 years and volunteer for about a year in the emergency room. My last year I worked with one of my professors. I also a Hispanic immigrant. I was wondering what are my chances of getting into a MD school and where should I apply. Also, I was thinking about applying for DO but not sure yet. Your help will be greatly appreciated.
your numbers are fine. not sure about your ECs. as for what schools to apply to, do your research before coming to SDN. use the msar and look at school websites.

Members don't see this ad :)
You have a great chance of getting into a MD school since you have good MCAT and an URM status. Just apply early and you should be fine.

All hispanics are NOT URM. OP, the downward trend will hurt but you brought it up and scored really well on the MCAT. Apply early and broadly, you should be alright.

I had a great start in college pretty much 3.9 GPA throughout out my first 2 years of college. I declined in my junior year got some C+ and Bs,and for my senior I improved again ending with a 3.49. I took the MCAT last year for some reasons I did not study and got a 21. I retook the MCAT and scored a 33. I have also worked in a medical office for about 2 years and volunteer for about a year in the emergency room. My last year I worked with one of my professors. I am also a Hispanic immigrant. I was wondering what are my chances of getting into a MD school and where should I apply. Also, I was thinking about applying for DO but not sure yet. Your help will be greatly appreciated.
What did you do differently to get that 12 points increase in the MCAT?