25R, 3.7 gpa, 3.6 bcmp Chances at MD?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NYCSurgeon

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are my chances at getting into an md school with my stats?

I have taken the mcat twice now 24Q (7/8/9) and 25R (9,7,9). I'm honestly just really bad at standardized tests and always have been. I was getting 30+ on practice tests consistently which is why I am not sure retaking is really worth it. I am an Ohio resident with good ec's. I have applied DO as well I was just wondering what md schools I should try my luck at?

I was thinking:

Wright State
Toledo
NEOUCOM
Drexel
Oakland

Any suggestions would be great!!

Members don't see this ad.

Very low chances for MD. Hopefully you get some DO love, but those scores will not get you MD interviews (especially since you took it twice). But all you lose from applying to a few reach MDs is a few hundred bucks, so it is probably worth it. You never know with this process.

I would say that your best hopes rests with DO. MD is just very very low unless your state of residency is one of the few states with only In-state medical schools. However you're an Ohio resident which doesn't have many schools which will forgive low stats.

So if MD is where you want to go. Then I recommend retaking the mcat and applying next cycle ( study a lot). For DO apply very broadly and you'll get in this cycle. However if you do want to try, then apply to all state schools and then many low stat MD schools like NYMC,Tulane etc.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
thanks for the help guys! Any other md schools that you think I might have a chance at? I realize its going to be next to impossible to get an md acceptance. I am just praying that maybe I can get off a wait list...