260--> high 260/270

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Etorphine

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is the strategy here? Hitting 260 and scoring well, but keep getting nickle and dimed by the obscure topics that have been covered in a single source only (vs. those topics that you would find in every source). Multiple passes through FA, pathoma, complete already. UWorld has 1 pass. Rx, Kaplan untouched, but benefit dubious. How do I go higher? Should I focus on learning present material at a flawless level or go on to rx/kaplan

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Obviously nothing is guaranteed. But if a US medical student has a 260+ and tries for plastics and fails, then they're either a doorknob or ****ed up on rotations.
Never heard of calling someone a doorknob but I like it. Maybe its just because the 260+ club keep to themselves, but out of the 20-30 people I know with 230-250, none have been disappointed with their matches (with several plastics/ortho/rads). Heck one was 245 and matched at mass gen, without any publications, or even research for that matter. Plenty of 250+ matching at mid level programs and even some 240 matching at higher ranked programs. A lot more to the game than the scores on a single test.

I really like the doorknob analogy, I actually lol'd.

Reactions: 1 users