26R, 3.8 cGPA, 3.7 sGPA, lots of experience

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drrhett

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
26R, 3.8 cGPA, 3.7 sGPA, lots of experience
VR - 9, PS - 9, BS - 8...What would you say my chances are with MD schools...DO? Any suggestions on good schools for my credentials? Planning on additional MCAT in July

Members don't see this ad.

That’s not too bad. I think you have a great shot with most D.O. schools. M.D. will depend on your residency. Many state schools have stats around yours. I would early and broadly to MD and DO schools. Apply to some of the easier private MD schools and any other school that you might have a particular affinity for. I would also try to keep the MCAT material fresh, don’t be in this same predicament a year from now without having looked at the MCAT, or you will essentially be starting from scratch. I think you’ll be ok. Good luck

Your chances are low for MD schools. Do your retake, get a 30+, and you should have problem getting into a MD school. You will almost certainly have your pick with that stellar GPA.

Your chances are okay because the process of applying to med schools is so random and varies year by year. if you want to take the MCATs again, I suggest that you do so, but you should be fine. Now if you want to go to Harvard or Yale, its not gonna happen because of that MCAT. But if you apply broadly you have a shot. Dont listen to anyone who tells you that you have no shot. A few years ago, I was doing research at a legit top-15 MD school and someone I new who just finished MS1 told me that he got a 23R on the MCAT and had a 3.4 overall and a 3.1 science. He was NOT a URM so it just shows how crazy this process is.
Good luck
Take Care