28N, 3.69 cGPA, 3.63 sGPA, MI Resident

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gouletm1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Verbal - 10. Physics - 7. Biology - 11.

Was a member of the Honors College at MSU. Graduated with Honors.

Certified as Healthcare Provider through American Heart Association and Phlebotomist. Some Volunteer Experience. Will shadow more physicians during year off. Also worked as a Teaching Assistant for semester at MSU.

Have worked 20 hours a week during school year for majority of college; 40 hours a week during the summers. I am also taking a year off and will be working as a Ward Secretary in the ER at a hospital near home.

Wondering about MD at Wayne State and MSU.

DO schools I want to apply to are....

MSUCOM, Arizona COM, Chicago COM, AT Still @ Kirksville, Des Moines COM, Kansas City COM, Philadelphia COM, New Jersey SOM, New England COM, and West Virginia COM.

Chances?

Members don't see this ad.

Verbal - 10. Physics - 7. Biology - 11.

Was a member of the Honors College at MSU. Graduated with Honors.

Certified as Healthcare Provider through American Heart Association and Phlebotomist. Some Volunteer Experience. Will shadow more physicians during year off. Also worked as a Teaching Assistant for semester at MSU.

Have worked 20 hours a week during school year for majority of college; 40 hours a week during the summers. I am also taking a year off and will be working as a Ward Secretary in the ER at a hospital near home.

Wondering about MD at Wayne State and MSU.

DO schools I want to apply to are....

MSUCOM, Arizona COM, Chicago COM, AT Still @ Kirksville, Des Moines COM, Kansas City COM, Philadelphia COM, New Jersey SOM, New England COM, and West Virginia COM.

Chances?

Hey. You should definitely try both DO and MD. Why not put in the apps to at least the four michigan md's (msuchm, wayne, mich [why not, you are still an IS student] and beaumont). Also, apply a little more broadly for md's. Put in a couple other, lower tier schools and you never know what could happen. Also, definitely send updates with new healthcare/volunteering/shadowing/etc opportunities you should investigate while applying. You never know!