WAMC: ORM, cGPA 3.81, sGPA 3.63, 511 MCAT, trad

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Meenouwu

Reaction score
  1. 3.81 cGPA, 3.63 sGPA
  2. 511: 128,127,127,129
  3. CA
  4. Asian
  5. Pepperdine Uni
  6. 1400 hours paid EMT, 300 hours covid vaccination volunteer
  7. 300 hours research, no pubs
  8. 20 hours derm shadowing
  9. 80 food drive volunteering
  10. 1300 hours music scholarship, 150 hours music mentor, 550 hours club water polo
  11. Relevant honors or awards
  12. I am applying 2024 cycle as 19 y/o. I have completed 2 years of undergrad and will graduate in a total of 3 years. I plan to apply to around 40-50 schools.
List:
  • Arkansas
  • every CA school besides UCSF
  • George Washington
  • Georgetown
  • Rush
  • Loyola-Stritch
  • Illinois
  • Chicago Med Franklin
  • Indiana
  • Kansas
  • Louisville
  • Tulane
  • Tufts
  • Central Michigan
  • Michigan State
  • Oakland Beaumont
  • Wayne STate
  • Saint Louis
  • Wake Forest
  • North Dakota
  • Creighton
  • Cooper Rowan
  • Albany
  • SUNY
  • New York Medical
  • Northeast Ohio
  • Wright State-Boonshoft
  • Toledo
  • Drexel
  • TCU-Brunett
  • Marshall-Edwards

Members don't see this ad.

80 food drive volunteering
What other non-clinical community service activities have you done? You need another 70 hours of food distribution experience for your application not to get screened out at most schools. You need closer to 500 hours total for service-focused Catholic schools like Georgetown, Loyola, Creighton, St. Louis.

Get 30 hours of shadowing primary care.

Have you met your prehealth advisors? Are they providing you support? What are their thoughts about your school list?

Reactions: 1 users
What other non-clinical community service activities have you done? You need another 70 hours of food distribution experience for your application not to get screened out at most schools. You need closer to 500 hours total for service-focused Catholic schools like Georgetown, Loyola, Creighton, St. Louis.

Get 30 hours of shadowing primary care.

Have you met your prehealth advisors? Are they providing you support? What are their thoughts about your school list?
I didn't know about screening for hours for those schools, I'll remove them then. I have already submitted primary, would I send an update with primary care shadowing? I am getting a committee letter and will meet with them tomorrow to discuss the school list.

Members don't see this ad :)
You have many state public schools on your list that admit few non residents with a MCAT of 511 and no connection to the state. Your shadowing and non clinical volunteering hours are low for some of the private schools. These are the realistic schools on your list:
George Washington
Rosalind Franklin
Wake Forest
Oakland Beaumont
Albany
New York Medical
Drexel
TCU
California University
UC Davis
UC Irvine
Loma Linda (if you fit their mission)
You could add these schools this week:
NOVA MD
Virginia Commonwealth
Temple
Jefferson
Penn State
Hackensack

Reactions: 1 users
You are applying as a 19 year old. Your ECs are on the weak end. Your sGPA is below average and your MCAT is average. Why are you applying this cycle at all. It might be better to not continue in this cycle and spend time building a strong application. Another year to fill in the gaps with your ECs can certainly help you be successful in the next cycle.
What is your hurry?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user