28Q...where to apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bordeaux

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a 28Q...pretty even spread on the MCAT, and a 3.6 GPA...NY resident...besides my state schools, what private institutions should I apply to?

Members don't see this ad.

there have been many threads on this before, but here goes:
NYMC
Tufts
Boston U.
Saint Louis U. (SLU)
MCP-Hahnemann
Temple
Jefferson
Penn State
Medical College of VA/VCU (takes a lot of out-of-state)
Eastern VA Medical School (EVMS)
Wake Forest
Finch/CMS
Loyola
Creighton
Medical College of WI (MCOW)

I would also add:

Albany
George Washington
Vermont
Rush
UIC
Med coll of Ohio

Good Luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Bordeaux, check your PMs.

I would add:

USC (Keck)

Good luck! :)

I would also add:

HMS
Columbia P & S
Wash U.
UCSF
Mayo

*Kidding Kidding* Seriously though:

Ohio State
St Louis
Tulane

•••quote:•••Originally posted by MSTP boy:
•I would also add:

HMS
Columbia P & S
Wash U.
UCSF
Mayo

*Kidding Kidding* Seriously though:

Ohio State
St Louis
Tulane•••••I'd remove Tulane from that list. They're ranked like 14 or 16 or something on the Gourman rankings...(definately top 20)

Also apply to some top schools because you never know! I agree with all of the suggested schools, and I also agree that Tulane is a TOP school, but you could still apply there :wink:

I also have a 28Q w/ a 3.58 GPA, but am a CA resident. Would these suggestions still hold? Would they look at us two applicants differently because of the state we came from (aside from our home states) or would be on the same level?

i would remove OSU, MCO, UIC, and Rush from the list as these are state schools that do not take large numbers of out-of-staters (except for MD/PhD and CA residents for the most part).

i would add:

ponce
del caribe
st george's
ross

and, i hear the phillipines is nice this time of year! hope this helps!

•••quote:•••Originally posted by hippiechick77:
•i would add:

ponce
del caribe
st george's
ross

and, i hear the phillipines is nice this time of year! hope this helps!•••••Chick, since you are obviously a student at del caribe or Ross, tell us all how it is....we are all dying to know whether you dissect checkens or humans in gross.

g'day