2C and a D from UT austin. Is this hopeless?

Started by panicking
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

panicking

Junior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I had an D O-chem II, retook it and got an B. I also had a C in biochem and physics lab. My Science GPA is 3.04 and overall is 3.48. Is my premed carreer is over?. I am not an URM.
I am planning on taking the MCAT on April and I am counting on it. I always did well on standard tests. I scored in the 92% in the SAT II chemistry and over 1400 on SAT I. Can I count on the MCAT to save me?
 
Your chances are still pretty good if you submit a strong application with a respectable MCAT score (30+) and solid extracurricular activites such as research or medically related volunteer work.

Recommendation letters from science professors or medical professionals can also make a substantial difference. My GPA was lower than yours so I worked in a research lab at a med school for 2 years, made some good contacts and received some good recommendation letters.

Good luck.
 
You have a chance, not to worry. If you are planning to apply to the TX schools (and are a resident) you will be fine. Just work really hard on MCAT studies!