2nd Interview at NJMS....PLEASE HELP!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Notorious D.O.C.

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I interviewed at NJMS in Feb. and recently received a letter stating that "The admissions commitee wishes to invite you for a second interview."

Has anyone recieved a letter like this?...Why am I being asked to interview again??...I guess it's better than being flat out rejected.

Any info/comments would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

wow, how stressing...here's what i'm thinking about this:

1) adcom likes you, interviewer did not. adcom wants 2nd opinion.

or

2) adcom hesistant about you, interviewer wants to "go to the bat" for you. adcom wants 2nd opinion.

good luck!

Hi Krazykam,
Would you mind posting your stats? Are you a NJ resident? Thanks.
I think I've heard a few people talk about a second interview hear and it seems they've all had to come back from a distant state. That sucks...but not if it gets you in.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm from NJ...has anyone had to have a second interview at NJMS this year?

I can't believe I have to go through the agony of another interview!

Someone I spoke to in one of my classes mentioned that he had a second interview this year at NJ Med. I didn't ask any specifics though. I don't even know if he ultimately got in or not.

I think it's a really good sign. Use it to your advantage. If you do really like the school learn exactly what you like about it so you can mention your reasoning during your interview. Good luck!

I guess I'm interviewing for a second time just to be placed on the waitlist...since it's pretty late in the process. Those bastards!!!

Krazykam, good luck on your interview. NJMS wants to hear that you are interested in their school because of their potential for growth. Lately, there has been tons of dough poured into the school for badly needed improvements....ie construction of new buildings and new programs. I think i read they recieved about 400 million in donations alone last year (read it in the med school bulletin).
Anyway, this is a great point to stress in the interview. Also, the governor is planning a task force to study health care related education (especially comparing NJMS and UMDNJ to other state med schools). Read up on that, i am sure they will ask. good luck!