MD & DO 3.16cgpa/3.01 sgpa 517 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bournvita

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am very, very aware that my chances are pretty low, but I'm going to try anyways... any help is appreciated. I want to aim for 30+ schools.

ORM Indian female NJ resident
Graduated from non HYP Ivy League in 2016 (3.0 cpga/2.7 sgpa) extended graduation for a year to retake classes
Did another full course load for a year (3.8 cgpa/3.8 sgpa)
Total GPA including post bacc: 3.16 cGPA/ 3.0 sGPA
MCAT: 518 (balanced)
2+ years research in neuro, promised publication but not sure if/when that will happen
2 years working at a free medical clinic
1 year volunteering with kids teaching biology
Currently working in the mental health field
I didn't fully write out all my experiences, but overall I show extensive interest in psychiatry and working with underserved population.

Current MD school list: Albany, BU, Cooper, Drexel, EVMS, Dartmouth, Geisinger Commonwealth, George Washington, Georgetown, Temple, Loyola, NYMC, Penn State, Rosalind Franklin, Rush, NJMS, RWJ, St. Louis, Jefferson, Miami, Pittsburgh, Brown, Wayne, Quinnipac, SUNY Downstate, Cincinnati

Are there any more MD schools I could add? I got pretty destroyed over on /r/premed for applying only to MD, is it really unwise to apply MD this cycle?

Thank you all.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You could add these schools:
Vermont
Eastern Virginia
Oakland Beaumont
Medical College Wisconsin
Creighton
Tulane
Seton Hall (if it opens for 2018)
You can remove Brown, Pittsburgh and Dartmouth since they are far reaches with your GPA.
You should also apply to DO schools and you may need a DO LOR for some schools. Consider these schools:
Rowan
PCOM (both schools)
LECOM (both schools)
Touro-NY
WVSOM
UP-KYCOM
VCOM (all 3 schools)

Add the DO schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
You could add these schools:
Vermont
Eastern Virginia
Oakland Beaumont
Medical College Wisconsin
Creighton
Tulane
Seton Hall (if it opens for 2018)
You can remove Brown, Pittsburgh and Dartmouth since they are far reaches with your GPA.
You should also apply to DO schools and you may need a DO LOR for some schools. Consider these schools:
Rowan
PCOM (both schools)
LECOM (both schools)
Touro-NY
WVSOM
UP-KYCOM
VCOM (all 3 schools)
Thank you. I've heard of Pitt interviewing a similar stat/story applicant and it's in an urban area so I wanted to keep it. I think I'll take out brown though.