DO 3.2 GPA/515 MCAT, should I add more schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ffxii

Reaction score
Hi everyone! So I'm an applicant this cycle with a 3.2 GPA and a 515 MCAT and I've had complete silence from all of my DO schools despite being complete in early August. I know that schools go through their apps differently, but I'm still getting somewhat concerned and I was just curious about whether I should think about adding more schools.

cGPA: 3.2 w/ upward trend (2.2 to 3.6), and 3.6 post-bacc
sGPA: 3.1 also w/ upward trend and same post-bacc
MCAT: 515 (126/129/129/131)
Top undergrad, lots of clinical & research hours (6000+ due to full-time job), solid amount of leadership/non-clinical hours (~800). From CT/NY. Applied to NYITCOM, Touro-NY, PCOM-PA, WVSOM, VCOM (never received secondary so probably pre-screened), CUSOM (rejected pre-secondary due to <3.2 GPA), MUCOM, UNECOM, RowanSOM, OUHCOM, CCOM, AZCOM, UP-KYCOM, LECOM (SH, erie, FL), Nova. Also applied to some MD schools as a hail mary (NY state schools, low-tiers like NYMC, Albany, Quinnipiac, Rosalind Franklin, etc) but mostly just looking for advice re: my DO app because i'm sure most of my MD apps were essentially donations

any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks so much

@Goro @Faha

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone! So I'm an applicant this cycle with a 3.2 GPA and a 515 MCAT and I've had complete silence from all of my DO schools despite being complete in early August. I know that schools go through their apps differently, but I'm still getting somewhat concerned and I was just curious about whether I should think about adding more schools.

cGPA: 3.2 w/ upward trend (2.2 to 3.6), and 3.6 post-bacc
sGPA: 3.1 also w/ upward trend and same post-bacc
MCAT: 515 (126/129/129/131)
Top undergrad, lots of clinical & research hours (6000+ due to full-time job), solid amount of leadership/non-clinical hours (~800). From CT/NY. Applied to NYITCOM, Touro-NY, PCOM-PA, WVSOM, VCOM (never received secondary so probably pre-screened), CUSOM (rejected pre-secondary due to <3.2 GPA), MUCOM, UNECOM, RowanSOM, OUHCOM, CCOM, AZCOM, UP-KYCOM, LECOM (SH, erie, FL), Nova. Also applied to some MD schools as a hail mary (NY state schools, low-tiers like NYMC, Albany, Quinnipiac, Rosalind Franklin, etc) but mostly just looking for advice re: my DO app because i'm sure most of my MD apps were essentially donations

any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks so much

@Goro @Faha
You should be fine for any DO school, and your state MD school. NYMC, Netter, Drexel, Albany....maybe

Reactions: 1 user
You should be fine for any DO school, and your state MD school. NYMC, Netter, Drexel, Albany....maybe
I suggest adding a few more DO schools such as :
UIWSOM
BCOM
TUNCOM
PCOM Georgia
ACOM
Thank you so much for the feedback/suggestions! I'll look into these

Reactions: 1 user