3.3 GPA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ssmouri

Reaction score
Has anyone gotten into an MD school with a 3.3 GPA without doing a post-Bacc?

Members don't see this ad.

Depends on other factors. What is the sGPA ? What are the MCAT scores ? Any physician shadowing or clinical volunteering/employment with patient contact? State of residence ?

Currently studying for the mcat.
Yes, physician shadowing (vascular surgeon, pediatric orthopedic surgeon). Did virtual shadowing during Covid.
ED Volunteering 6 months, Research Asst for six months.
Will also go back to volunteering at a free clinic starting next month.

A co-founder of a start-up "mentorship, pipeline" program for students interested in a healthcare career.
A runner coach for three months for GOTR
Project Manger for a homeless encampment initiative.
Had some volunteering opportunities in the middle east.
Also, not a pro graphic designer, but I would say I am pretty good, so I volunteer my time to Non-profits to help make flyers or social media graphics.

Grew up bilingual/bicultural, State : MN

Members don't see this ad :)
If your MCAT is 500 or higher you could receive interviews at some DO schools. If 507+ then you could receive interviews at most DO schools. You would need a MCAT of 513+ to have a realistic chance at some MD schools.

Was the shadowing you mentioned((vascular surgeon, peds orthomsurgeon) virtual or in person? Find some primary care shadowing . What about nonclinical volunteering focusing on the unserved/underserved in your community.

Reactions: 1 user
The shadowing with both surgeons was in person. The vascular surgeon was two months, I treated me like an actual med student. Had to show up at 7, and some days I went home at 7. I am looking to shadow a DO!
I also will do scribing/volunteering at a free clinic serving undocumented/underserved communities. I just really want to focus on MCAT and get a decent score that will get me into my state school!

When you receive your score, fill out the below template and include an hours breakdown:

Reactions: 2 users
Recently got accepted into two T30 schools with a 3.04 sGPA/3.19 cGPA/4.0 Graduate GPA/515 MCAT.

You can do it!!

Reactions: 1 users