MD & DO WAMC/School List Help: 3.3/508

Started by tanger
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

tanger

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to help me. Here is my stats breakdown.
  1. PA Resident
  2. First Gen, Low Income Family (<30k), First University/College Graduate
  3. 25 YO Male, Asian
  4. Overall GPA: 3.3
    1. Y1: 3
    2. Y2: 3.1
    3. Y3: 3.1
    4. Y4: 3.2
    5. Post-Grad Additional Learning: 3.8 GPA
  5. MCAT Score: Baseline = 508; Pushing for 512-515+
  6. Hands-On Clinical Experience: 4000+ hours (over four years of working in a research hospital)
  7. Non-Clinical Volunteering: 500+ hours (pantry, hospitals, community service, and centers)
  8. Shadowing Hours: 800+ hours (scribing, observing attendees, operating room observations)
  9. Research Hours: 4000+ hours (over four years of compiling, reading, and analyzing data, and taking data from patients)
  10. LOR: Two LORs from Professors, One LORs from Head Researcher, MD-PhD
  11. Scientific Publications: I have been published in a journal.
  12. Undergrad: Villanova
WAMC? Any recommendations? I would like to stay in PA/close to Philly, but I am open at this point to any MD/DO.
 
What is your sGPA? Is 508 your actual MCAT score?
Thank you for the reply.

508 is my practice MCAT score; I'm hitting 508-510 right now for practices - I'm taking the MCAT in June.

If admissions replace or drop my undergrad science courses with the same classes I took at community college, my sGPA would be 3.6. If the schools do not consider my community college courses, my sGPA would be 3.2.