3.442 cGPA, 3.39 sGPA, 24 MCAT....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jjgrnak

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Am I screwed?

Members don't see this ad.

This should be in the WAMC forum. And I don't know. Probably not with a 4, but a 10 is out of your league. Unless she is crazy stupid. I could see you settling with a 6-7 with those numbers.

And not listing your ECs tells us nothing. If you don't have any clinical, hell yeah you are screwed. If you cured cancer, probably not.

Just based on stats your on the very low end, but you can still get into a couple different school provided that you got great EC, PS and LOR.

Also what state are you from? (this can open and close a lot of doors)

Members don't see this ad :)
Michigan,

EC = 2 years hospice, 1 year hospital, 4 Years of working, shadowed 4 different doctors, tutoring highschool kids.

i wouldn't say you are screwed. you can probably get an acceptance somewhere if you stay on top of things and are super quick with your secondary turnaround. and if you apply day 1. but you probably aren't going to get the luxury of selection.

Michigan,

EC = 2 years hospice, 1 year hospital, 4 Years of working, shadowed 4 different doctors, tutoring highschool kids.

Very vague... how many hours? What kind of work? What'd you do at the hospital? etc...

You might have a chance if you apply early and broadly. If you aren't willing to retake your MCAT, then just apply and cross your fingers (and toes).

You might have a chance if you apply early and broadly. If you aren't willing to retake your MCAT, then just apply and cross your fingers (and toes).

If I had a 24 I would do just this, apply on Day 1 and hope for the best.

OP can you register to retake the MCAT? Couldn't hurt to document it if you do plan on retaking.

If you are applying to MSU, make sure your EC's are significant. They look highly upon volunteer, leadership experiences.

Am I screwed?

If you apply widely, there is a decent chance you will get somewhere. But if I were you I would retake that MCAT. Even 2+ more points will put you in a better position for MSUCOM. Lots of people would love to have your Michigan status for that school, take advantage of it -- you probably won't get into MSU with those stats though.

If you are applying to MSU, make sure your EC's are significant. They look highly upon volunteer, leadership experiences.

+1

Very vague... how many hours? What kind of work? What'd you do at the hospital? etc...

over 100 for each volunteer