FrkyBgStok

15+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2005
Midwest
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
This should be in the WAMC forum. And I don't know. Probably not with a 4, but a 10 is out of your league. Unless she is crazy stupid. I could see you settling with a 6-7 with those numbers.

And not listing your ECs tells us nothing. If you don't have any clinical, hell yeah you are screwed. If you cured cancer, probably not.

Oct 1, 2011
Status
Medical Student
Just based on stats your on the very low end, but you can still get into a couple different school provided that you got great EC, PS and LOR.

Also what state are you from? (this can open and close a lot of doors)

About the Ads

jjgrnak

5+ Year Member
Apr 28, 2011
Trenton
Status
Medical Student
Michigan,

EC = 2 years hospice, 1 year hospital, 4 Years of working, shadowed 4 different doctors, tutoring highschool kids.

FrkyBgStok

15+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2005
Midwest
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
i wouldn't say you are screwed. you can probably get an acceptance somewhere if you stay on top of things and are super quick with your secondary turnaround. and if you apply day 1. but you probably aren't going to get the luxury of selection.

Iliketoytles

5+ Year Member
Aug 23, 2011
Texas
Status
Medical Student
Michigan,

EC = 2 years hospice, 1 year hospital, 4 Years of working, shadowed 4 different doctors, tutoring highschool kids.
Very vague... how many hours? What kind of work? What'd you do at the hospital? etc...

You might have a chance if you apply early and broadly. If you aren't willing to retake your MCAT, then just apply and cross your fingers (and toes).

NeuroLAX

Discere faciendo
Apr 17, 2012
Status
Medical Student
You might have a chance if you apply early and broadly. If you aren't willing to retake your MCAT, then just apply and cross your fingers (and toes).
If I had a 24 I would do just this, apply on Day 1 and hope for the best.

OP can you register to retake the MCAT? Couldn't hurt to document it if you do plan on retaking.

drgioiadds

DDS c/o 2002; DO c/o 2016
7+ Year Member
Oct 31, 2010
southwestern ontario
Status
Medical Student
If you are applying to MSU, make sure your EC's are significant. They look highly upon volunteer, leadership experiences.

DrMediterranean

7+ Year Member
Aug 4, 2011
Status
Medical Student
Am I screwed?
If you apply widely, there is a decent chance you will get somewhere. But if I were you I would retake that MCAT. Even 2+ more points will put you in a better position for MSUCOM. Lots of people would love to have your Michigan status for that school, take advantage of it -- you probably won't get into MSU with those stats though.

If you are applying to MSU, make sure your EC's are significant. They look highly upon volunteer, leadership experiences.
+1

jjgrnak

5+ Year Member
Apr 28, 2011
Trenton
Status
Medical Student
Very vague... how many hours? What kind of work? What'd you do at the hospital? etc...

over 100 for each volunteer

About the Ads