3.442 cGPA, 3.39 sGPA, 24 MCAT....

FrkyBgStok

15+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2005
Midwest
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
    This should be in the WAMC forum. And I don't know. Probably not with a 4, but a 10 is out of your league. Unless she is crazy stupid. I could see you settling with a 6-7 with those numbers.

And not listing your ECs tells us nothing. If you don't have any clinical, hell yeah you are screwed. If you cured cancer, probably not.

CpGisland

Oct 1, 2011
    1. Medical Student
      Just based on stats your on the very low end, but you can still get into a couple different school provided that you got great EC, PS and LOR.

Also what state are you from? (this can open and close a lot of doors)

About the Ads

Iliketoytles

5+ Year Member
      Aug 23, 2011
      Texas
      1. Medical Student
        Michigan,

EC = 2 years hospice, 1 year hospital, 4 Years of working, shadowed 4 different doctors, tutoring highschool kids.

Very vague... how many hours? What kind of work? What'd you do at the hospital? etc...

You might have a chance if you apply early and broadly. If you aren't willing to retake your MCAT, then just apply and cross your fingers (and toes).

NeuroLAX

Discere faciendo
        Apr 17, 2012
        1. Medical Student
          You might have a chance if you apply early and broadly. If you aren't willing to retake your MCAT, then just apply and cross your fingers (and toes).

If I had a 24 I would do just this, apply on Day 1 and hope for the best.

OP can you register to retake the MCAT? Couldn't hurt to document it if you do plan on retaking.

DrMediterranean

7+ Year Member
          Aug 4, 2011
          1. Medical Student
            Am I screwed?

If you apply widely, there is a decent chance you will get somewhere. But if I were you I would retake that MCAT. Even 2+ more points will put you in a better position for MSUCOM. Lots of people would love to have your Michigan status for that school, take advantage of it -- you probably won't get into MSU with those stats though.

If you are applying to MSU, make sure your EC's are significant. They look highly upon volunteer, leadership experiences.

+1

About the Ads
            This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
            2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
            5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
            6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            7. This thread is locked.