3.5/305 - School List/WAMC Please!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pdizzle23

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
deleted

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Do not apply to ICOM or RVUCOM. These schools are generally not recommended due to RVU's for-profit status and their advertising of of a Caribbean school under the same parent company. The Utah campus also had a very poor match last year. ICOM is too new amongst other reasons.

You have very limited clinical hours and non-clinical volunteering. You also did not do any research, though that is less important for medical school, but a 0 there is not the best. A DO letter would help at DO schools and not hamper you at MD schools. They are processed at 2 separate application services, so you would not even need to send the letter if your state schools do not encourage or require a letter from a physician. You may want to take a gap year before applying as it is likely you will receive very few interviews with your current application. It would be very hard to write a convincing personal statement and answer why medicine in a way that seems genuine to an interviewer.

Reactions: 1 users
I understand. Will a higher mcat, scribing, and non-clinical volunteering during my gap year be my best bet? Any thoughts @Faha @Goro ? Thank you for your time.

That would give you very good chances and depending on how much you can improve your score, a chance at MD schools aside from your state ones.

Members don't see this ad :)
Your best chances are the DO schools and you are competitive for all DO schools. Remove ICOM and RVUCOM but you could add theseZ:
CUSOM
MU-COM
NYITCOM
Touro-NY
WCU-COM

I see no community service, which will put your application at a real disadvantage, and 50 hours through a school org plus 50 through a hospital org tells me nothing about your service orientation.