3.5 sgpa 3.6 gpa, 31 mcat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Andrew14

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Stats: 3.5 sgpa, 3.6 gpa, 31 mcat

-Biology Major
-half a year of research
-50 hours of shadowing a DO and 10 hours for a MD
-2x All-American in lacrosse (D2)
-3x Academic All-American 1st team
-80 hours of vol. at a hospital
-worked with special olympics for 3 years

Schools: lecom, pcom, wvsom, ccom,nycom

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks. Well i also applied to pitt but forgot to add it in my previous post. My stats are a bit low but do you guys think I have a shot?

Members don't see this ad :)

-Biology Major
-half a year of research

Your clinical experience is on the sparse side, relative to the average applicant. I hope you are continuing to add additional hours. You can let schools know about this through update letters if you have already applied.

-Biology Major
-half a year of research

I have the same GPA as you, 0.14 lower science GPA (3.36) but 5 pts higher on the MCAT (36). Worse EC's than you but better research and a little more clinicals. Also I was not an athlete. I was fine this cycle, I think you will be too. Even if you don't get in next cycle I think you will definitely get in eventually.

Last edited:
I have the same GPA as you, 0.14 lower science GPA (3.36) but 5 pts higher on the MCAT (36). Worse EC's than you but better research and a little more clinicals. I was fine this cycle, I think you will be too. Even if you don't get in next cycle I think you will definitely get in eventually.

I don't think you can compared yourself to him for DO schools..31 vs. 36 MCAT with similar GPA.

I don't think you can compared yourself to him for DO schools..31 vs. 36 MCAT with similar GPA.

But i mean he/she has a higher science GPA plus he/shes an athlete.

and 3.5 science and 3.36 science is not really a trivial difference, its pretty significant.

Also I applied to only MD schools, which I think are a bit harder to get into.

Also a question for the OP, why aren't you considering MD schools? I think you would be pretty competitive...

I love the D.O philiosophy. That is the reason I am interested in becoming a D.O and mostly applying to those schools. However, pitt is my dream school. MD or DO, either way I think that I would be happy. But if i can get into pitt then that is for sure the school I will attend (i live close to it). I really hope they take into consideration the fact that I had two practices a day when looking at my slightly less than average stats.

I love the D.O philiosophy. That is the reason I am interested in becoming a D.O and mostly applying to those schools. However, pitt is my dream school. MD or DO, either way I think that I would be happy. But if i can get into pitt then that is for sure the school I will attend (i live close to it). I really hope they take into consideration the fact that I had two practices a day when looking at my slightly less than average stats.

That's what I like to hear for a prospective MD or DO applicant!