3.55 cGPA 3.7sGPA 32mcat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

darewinder

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys im going into my junior year and i was really considering premed. Can someone give a an idea of how i stand.

I am a molecular bio/biochem major with chemistry minor.
My gpa was ruined becouse of 2 classes which is my sgpa is high.

I do research in chemistry, no publications yet. I also just started working as an emt and volunteerint at first aid/hospital.

my mcat score was without studying. My first test was like 25 and second was 32. ( i pretty much nailed all orgo and physics questions :) my verbal was like 5 lawl.

So i was hoping to get up to 40'ish range by june an ideas :confused: and hopefully get my cgpa up to 3.6 maybe 3.7... you guys think i can make it to nyu or yale?

thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Despite your reasonable theoretical stats, you won't get in anywhere with a verbal score of 5. Look at the MCAT Discussion Forum and you'll find some threads giving advice about studying to raise the verbal score. This is an issue for many students. Is English your second language?

With a 3.7 and a 40ish MCAT having balanced subscores, I'd say you have a decent shot wherever you apply, assuming the usual extracurriculars. For schools like those mentioned, that should include 2+ years of substantive research.