3.56 cGPA/3.39 sGPA, 33 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AlgernonMed

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I have stats similar to yours. 3.54 cGPA, 3.40 sGPA, 36 MCAT. IMO, while the research aspect of your app is great, you don't have great volunteering and your clinical could be better. I'm making sure I apply broadly since GPA is the biggest factor and that's where I'm lacking (no upward trend in sGPA).

Do you think in my case applying broadly should include the DO schools? Or should I just apply MD? And for volunteering, am I lacking in # of hours or experiences or both? Thanks for taking the time to comment!

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you think in my case applying broadly should include the DO schools? Or should I just apply MD? And for volunteering, am I lacking in # of hours or experiences or both? Thanks for taking the time to comment!

I don't think your volunteering is lacking. To me it seems very average definitely not exceptional. I think you have a good shot at MD but you can apply do if you want. Also why all the Texas schools?

How did you calculate your AMCAS science GPA specifically? What types of classes does it include besides the obvious bio, chem, orgo, physics, math...

Also, I think you should be okay for MD, but I guess it doesn't hurt to be safe! Also, add one reach/dream school!

Guess I'll be submitting on Monday now.....

The opening for 2014 AMCAS application submissions is being delayed until Monday, June 10 at 9:30 a.m. ET. At this time, some applicants have reported problems viewing the summary sections of the Course Work and Work/Activities section of the application. This delay will allow us to ensure the problems are fully resolved and to allow applicants to review their applications in their entirety for accuracy prior to submission.

As a reminder, the initial transfer of 2014 AMCAS application data to medical schools is scheduled for June 28.

Thank you for your patience as we address this issue.

This doesn't actually affect much. People who were already ready have another week to double check or triple check everything.

This doesn't actually affect much. People who were already ready have another week to double check or triple check everything.
Truth. But it also means that those who were going to submit a week late are now going to be submitting on the first day.

Truth. But it also means that those who were going to submit a week late are now going to be submitting on the first day.

Haha ya. Was hoping to be one if those people. Will probably need an extra week.

I mean, hopefully it shouldn't be too big of a deal. I honestly just wanted to submit early on the first day so everything would get verified quickly and in time to be transmitted to schools on June 28th. I'm guessing so long as we submit early next Monday, it should still go fast.

I mean, hopefully it shouldn't be too big of a deal. I honestly just wanted to submit early on the first day so everything would get verified quickly and in time to be transmitted to schools on June 28th. I'm guessing so long as we submit early next Monday, it should still go fast.

A week here or there won't matter for primaries IMO. Props to you if you can get it done like that.

Get started on those secondaries though. Started compiling all the ones from last cycle even though I haven't finished primary. Lol.