3.57 cGPA, 32Q

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BeancheBlanco

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I was wondering if you could check out my school list and give me any advice. I have a 3.57 from a top 10 undergrad school, a 32Q (10+ each section) MCAT, and decent extracurriculars, but nothing special. I realize my GPA is at the low end, so should I remove any of these schools? Also, any other school suggestions? I am an Ohio resident. Thank you very much!

Boston
Columbia
Ohio State
Cincinnati
Toledo
Wright State
Georgetown
Mount Sinai
Case Western
Rochester
Brown
Wake Forest
Tufts
Medical College of Wisconsin
Jefferson
Drexel
Creighton
Virginia Tech - Carilion
Hofstra
Oakland
Albany
Tulane

Do you guys think I have a shot at schools like Boston, Brown, and Rochester or is that just false hope?

Members don't see this ad.

Virginia Tech has a super small class size (I think 54)...

Brown, Columbia, and Case Western are going to be a bit out of reach with your below average GPA and average MCAT.

Plus, it doesn't sound like you have a ton of ECs to compensate.

Virginia Tech has a super small class size (I think 54)...

Brown, Columbia, and Case Western are going to be a bit out of reach with your below average GPA and average MCAT.

Plus, it doesn't sound like you have a ton of ECs to compensate.

I chose Virginia Tech because their statistics seem to match mine pretty closely (lower GPA, higher MCAT), but yeah, I am aware the class is very small.

And yeah, I don't have any hope really for Columbia or Case. Thought I should throw in a couple strong reaches for the hell of it.

There are a lot of other schools with lower statistics that have much higher acceptance rates than VTCCOM