3.6 GPA, 509 MCAT, URM, Extensive EC's

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jgall95

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I know this is my first post I just now discovered SDN!!! I hope to be a long time lurker especially if I do not get in this cycle. Anyways I am really curious about my school choices any help would be appreciated because I think my school list sucks after reading a lot on here!!

-3.6 GPA with a similar sGPA
-509 MCAT
-SC resident
-URM(Hispanic)

Extracurriculars:
1) 1,300 hours of volunteering as a Bonner Scholar for the following:
-240 in a free clinic in Mexico
-400 at a economically deprived community school
-240 as a camp counselor for a YMCA camp
-390 translating at a non profit focusing on those who can't attain healthcare
-Then a few smaller ones

2) Two summers at a SURP program hopefully coming out as a co-author in a bit for one of my projects.

3) VP of a fraternity coordinating two fundraisers raising over $10,000

4) 300 hours of clinical shadowing

School List:
-All 3 SC schools
-Emory
-Wake Forest
-U of Alabama
-Dartmouth (just to say I did)
-U of IL
-UNC (probably should take this one out because OOS)

Members don't see this ad.

You are a good candidate for your SC schools. Alabama, UNC and U IL accept few non residents with your stats. You could add a few more schools such as Eastern Virginia, Virginia Commonwealth, GW, Georgetown, St. Louis, Creighton, Loyola, Miami.

Thank you so much Faha. I will definitely be editing the list and sending in the primary today. I almost thought about adding Tufts. What are your thoughts on that?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you so much Faha. I will definitely be editing the list and sending in the primary today. I almost thought about adding Tufts. What are your thoughts on that?
Tufts would be fine to apply to. Mexican Americans are URM so that will help you.

I assume SC is your state of residence? If so there is no reason to have UNC, you dont have the stats as an OOS applicant

Thank you guys. Most likely removing all of the OOS public.