3.6 GPA with 3.45 science GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Heatfan29

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have a 3.6 GPA with a 3.45 science GPA and I also have over 100 hours of shadowing and another 100 hours of hospital volunteering. I just took the 2015 mcat and I received a 126,123,122, and my lowest score is a 118 on the verbal reasoning section. I am an immigrant and this is my weakest subject. Should I still try to apply to DO schools with this or re take later this month if there's an opening?

Members don't see this ad.

Your score is lethal for an medical school, MD or DO. Write off this cycle and fully prepare for the next MCAT.

Hi, I have a 3.6 GPA with a 3.45 science GPA and I also have over 100 hours of shadowing and another 100 hours of hospital volunteering. I just took the 2015 mcat and I received a 126,123,122, and my lowest score is a 118 on the verbal reasoning section. I am an immigrant and this is my weakest subject. Should I still try to apply to DO schools with this or re take later this month if there's an opening?

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah, i think so too. It'll be a waste of a year though

Members don't see this ad :)
I would say to apply to a Master's program or a Post Bacc in the gap year & retake MCAT, or work in a clinical field while studying again for MCAT retake!
I would not retake that quick unless you have sufficiently studied.

Keep your chin up!

I would say to apply to a Master's program or a Post Bacc in the gap year & retake MCAT, or work in a clinical field while studying again for MCAT retake!

Keep your chin up!
I think i will retake it next year. Thanks for your advice!

Keep your chin up!

GPA's fine no purpose in a post-bacc or SMP. OP spend as much time as possible learning as much about the MCAT CARs and as you can reading different types of literature to gain as much comfort and familiarity with them as possible. Because right now you are at the first percentile for CARs. Your goal should be to get to at least 122-123(21st-32nd percentile) for DO admission and 125+ for MD admission. That will take time. But if you pull it off, it will all be worthwhile.

Reactions: 1 user