1. Visit this thread to beta-test StudySchedule.org. StudySchedule is a free nonprofit site that builds dynamic MCAT study schedules unique for your needs and timeline.
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

MD & DO 3.67 cGPA, 3.52 sGPA, 28 MCAT

Discussion in 'What Are My Chances?' started by wesley23, May 20, 2014.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. wesley23

wesley23

May 20, 2014
    Hey everybody,

I just recently graduated from a decently regarded southern university with a BS in Biology. I received my MCAT scores which were: 9 BS, 9 PS, and 10 V. I have 100-150 hours of volunteer work and have shadowed both an MD and DO. The area in which I fall short is research experience. I was hopeful that someone could help me with compiling a list of reasonable schools to apply to. I know I have a better chance with DO, but was not sure if my numbers were good enough for any MD schools. I would prefer to stay around the Mid-South. Thanks for the help!

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Goro

Goro Probationary Status 5+ Year Member

Your state school
    TCMC
    Quinnipiac
    other low-tiers whose 10%ile for MCAT is >27
    Any DO program.
    The 28 MCAT is circling the drain for MD schools. Lack of research doesn't help either for them.