MD & DO 3.73cGPA, 500 MCAT, I know...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DanDoc1234

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have been lurking here on SDN for a while now. I know I messed up badly but would like an advice! I am NYS resident,White, graduated from college January 2016, biochem major.

I have thousands of hours in clinical, community service and leadership, and one year of research. No publications.
cGPA=3.73
sGPA=3.78
MCAT August 2016 500
MCAT March 31st; waiting for score.

In case if I get the same score or a little bit higher, what schools I should apply to?
I would like advice on MD &DO. I know you might say its impossible for MD but I still want to try. Thank you so much!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Let us know what your actual March 31st score is when available and we can give you more accurate advice. Your current stats are competitive for some DO schools.

Reactions: 1 users
Let us know what your actual March 31st score is when available and we can give you more accurate advice. Your current stats are competitive for some DO schools.
Okay... Thank you! Is it possible to get to MD schools with 500? even a slight chance?

Members don't see this ad :)
A 500 on the old MCAT is around 24-26, looking at the grid for white applicants, 22% of those with your GPA and MCAT who applied to MD schools got in from like 2013-2016. If you improve by a lot and get like a 507 or 508, you have a decent shot at some state schools.

It's possible someone I know got into Oakland Beaumont with a 24 MCAT

I consider a 500 to be lethal for MD schools.
I understand that very well. But with 3.7 and very extensive ECs with 500, Which MD schools would you suggest one apply to with even a minimum chance of getting interviews?