3.77, 29N, reapp,here's my list...

Started by ewil1478
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ewil1478

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just want to be sure that I apply to every med school that I have a chance of being accepted. Is there any website beside studentdoc.com that lets you compare your mcat and gpa against the school averages?? I have a 3.77 GPA, 29N MCAT VR:8 Phy:10 Bio:11, Lots of microbiology research, Plenty of shadowing, and volunteer work, not a ton of Patient exposure, a white male, LDS and I'm a Utah resident. THanks😱


Here is my list. Some are tentative. Any that are out of reach and any I am missing that I should apply to??? Any help would be appreciated!!!!


University of Utah
University of Cincinnati
Penn State
Med College of Wisconsin
Creighton
University of Maryland
St. Louis University
Wright State at Boonshaft
Virginia Commonwealth University
Georgetown
George Washington
WakeForest

UT Houston
UT Galveston
San Antonio
Texas Tech El paso
Texas A&M
 
Do you have any texas ties? Otherwise those texas schools will be pretty difficult to swing.
 
I just want to be sure that I apply to every med school that I have a chance of being accepted. Is there any website beside studentdoc.com that lets you compare your mcat and gpa against the school averages?? I have a 3.77 GPA, 29N MCAT VR:8 Phy:10 Bio:11, Lots of microbiology research, Plenty of shadowing, and volunteer work, not a ton of Patient exposure, a white male, LDS and I'm a Utah resident. THanks😱


Here is my list. Some are tentative. Any that are out of reach and any I am missing that I should apply to??? Any help would be appreciated!!!!


University of Utah
University of Cincinnati
Penn State
Med College of Wisconsin
Creighton
University of Maryland
St. Louis University
Wright State at Boonshaft
Virginia Commonwealth University
Georgetown
George Washington
WakeForest

UT Houston
UT Galveston
San Antonio
Texas Tech El paso
Texas A&M

Check out the MSAR from the AAMC. They have avg. GPA and MCAT (I think MCAT even broken down by section) for every school. The MSAR also has good data on resident and non-resident acceptance rates (I'm thinking about the Texas schools and U of Cinci). Look for schools where the average MCAT is near your score, don't count on your GPA to get you over the hurdle at schools where the average MCAT is 33 or 34.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
where did you apply the first time around? I think you should have gotten in somewhere.
 
I applied late(August) due to a faulty Pre-med advisor. The schools were:
Tufts
George washington
U of Utah
Wake forest
Penn State
Wisconsin com
Creighton
U of Maryland
Virgina Commonwealth
Albany
Vermont
St Louis U


Houston
San antonio
Galveston
Tx Tech
A&M