3.87cGPA/3.90sGPA, 509MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

GoGators34

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone, just looking to get some insight and a recommended school list.

I am a Florida resident, ORM (white), and a reapplicant. I interviewed at 2 schools last cycle but was waitlisted.

GPA/MCAT: 3.87cGPA/3.90sGPA, 509MCAT(126,127,128,128)

EC's:
400+ hrs clinical research with co-authorship on 2 studies, 1 poster and 1 oral presentation.
200+hrs clinical shadowing, including otolaryngology and pediatrics.
200+ hrs combined clinical and non-clinical volunteering, including a medical service trip.
Paid employment as a Medical Scribe (currently in training).
Participation in the first club football team at my school.
Leadership experience at my school.

I should also note I have a minor IA from my school. I know this is bad but it was one incident and I take full responsibility for it in my application and am prepared to talk about it (and have done so) in interviews.

I plan to apply to all of the Florida MD schools but am curious where else I should apply.

Thanks!
 
I suggest these OOS schools with your stats:
Vermont
Quinnipiac
New York Medical College
Seton Hall
Penn State
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
Oakland Beaumont
Medical College Wisconsin
Loyola
Rosalind Franklin
St. Louis
Creighton
Tulane