3.96 gpa 42t

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jpatel

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are my chances?!?!

Doesn't this thread seems like one of the threads many idiots put out to show off their grades. Makes me feel like my 30 MCAT is ****. Wuts up with everyone on SDN getting 36 and 37 MCAT. Its like ppl have to let everyone kno their perfect MCAT. Well this is for those *******s who needs to get their head out of their asses cuz this is the only palce u ll ever be cool at.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Naa. Not just me. Many of my premed companions feel the same way. lol

Naa. Not just me. Many of my premed companions feel the same way. lol

There's always the option to ignore "What are my Chances" threads. Unless someone is forcing you to look at them :scared:

For all you know, those with scores that high may not be accurate. Even if they are real scores, you also have to realize that SDN is certainly not a representative sample of the applicant pool as a whole. Anyway, I think I'll just stick to worrying about myself for now.

You know, it's easy to get annoyed when you see people post amazing stats. Sure, a lot of people post them to show off. But you just have to let that roll off your back. It's better for you in the long run. Bitterness is not good for your mental well-being.

Wow envy much?
I really don't understand how anyone can be anything but happy for people who get such good scores, yes it's a competition but seriously? They worked their butts off and got what they DESERVE! I respect that, and even if someone comes off as bragging (which very few people seem to) it's still wrong to get annoyed at people for their good scores. Hell even if my stats were ridiculously good (ex. 3.95 and a 44T) I'd still make a thread freaking out over it. Because nothing is a guarantee and people here make awesome suggestions on ways to improve an application!

LOL AT THIS THREAD.
to OP, in fact, i dont feel angry if ppl get 3.96 and 42t and post here, but i do get annoyed if their tone of voice is haughty, but from what ive noticed, most people here when they post on WAMC are really interested in help.
on the other hand, are u a troll? 2 posts!? :D

Members don't see this ad :)
I am offended by this thread. Life isn't all peaches and cream for us 42T, 3.96ers. The only thing that keeps me going is hearing about how hard the 43T, 3.98s have it!

Hahaha... OP, do you get mad at people who do well on exams and projects in class too?
OP's lab partner: "Hey, I got a 100% on that last chem test!"
OP: "Yeah? Well... we'll see about that!" [dumps 3.0M HCl all over lab partner]

OP:

Would you complain about someone who shot a 65 in golf if you were shooting in the 90s? No, you ask them how they got to that point and questions about how to improve your game. I'm horrible at golf, but I love hearing and watching someone who has dedicated time and effort to becoming a better golfer.

Life, the MCAT, and golf all require focus, dedication and humility, because there is always someone faster, younger and better than you. So, suck it up and enjoy the ride. :thumbup:

What are my chances?!?!

Doesn't this thread seems like one of the threads many idiots put out to show off their grades. Makes me feel like my 30 MCAT is ****. Wuts up with everyone on SDN getting 36 and 37 MCAT. Its like ppl have to let everyone kno their perfect MCAT. Well this is for those *******s who needs to get their head out of their asses cuz this is the only palce u ll ever be cool at.

If you are not happy with your MCAT score then study again and do much better on your retake. Don't get mad at people who worked hard to get a good score. I got a 27 on my first take, but I didn't go on SDN and started hating on everyone who did much better to me. Instead I retook the exam after much prep and got a 36. There is no need to put others down for their achievements

If someone gets more than me I don't mind. But It does make people mad when hes running around telling everyone hes got highest grade when no one even asked him. Sure if u got nice stats go head and write it no problem. But when people make threads like those it pisses people of.

42T 3.96 still no invites?!? -- clearly this idiot is showing off.
42T 3.96 what r my chances?!? -- **** off
42T 3.96. Now to answer your question while I have showed off my stats........ -- how about slap in the face

Well get the point.......

If someone gets more than me I don't mind. But It does make people mad when hes running around telling everyone hes got highest grade when no one even asked him. Sure if u got nice stats go head and write it no problem. But when people make threads like those it pisses people of.

42T 3.96 still no invites?!? -- clearly this idiot is showing off.
42T 3.96 what r my chances?!? -- **** off
42T 3.96. Now to answer your question while I have showed off my stats........ -- how about slap in the face

Well get the point.......

I think they are "douches" too!! :smuggrin:

But, I dont make theads.....either. That is what most are saying.

You are just as bad for starting a thread whining about it!!! :D

ok i get ur point. May be i shouldnt be whining about it. May be the point I wanted to make is that these forums are supposed to be for support. Instead most people(atleast the oens I know) are discouraged.

Yal are HIL-AR-IOUS! Wow, I needed that laugh. You know, I personally am tired of the "what are my chances" thing too. I actually came to this thread to tell you that "your chances were slim since you do not have the intelligence to know your chances with that score. Obviously you are book smart and have no common sense. Good luck on your interview" But to my delight, I found this to be a joke.

Yes, if I got those scores I'd be proud. However, why blow out someone's candle to make your's shine brighter? This is life. There are alot of people who like to show off to make themselves feel better. Ya just gotta let it roll off your shoulders. I prefer to keep my mouth closed and slowly rise to the top. These may be the very same people who get their first C in med school and nearly have a nervous break :eek: down while we don't even blink. :cool:

Ya know what's really funny about this thread? Once you're in med school, NOBODY talks about GPA/MCAT. Get it out now kids... it's the only chance you'll ever get... well, unless you've got to re-do the app cycle.

Then, everyone talks about Step 1 scores!!! :D
LOL. But, by the time that rolls around we're in 3rd year and many of us will be too busy to care about anything other than "it's over and I passed". lol

GPA is the measure of a student to perform the requisites of each class.

MCAT is a measure of a students ability to take a reasoning exam under timed conditions.

Do not value things more or less than they are.

A score is a score and a grade is a grade.

GPA is the measure of a student to perform the requisites of each class.

MCAT is a measure of a students ability to take a reasoning exam under timed conditions.

Do not value things more or less than they are.

A score is a score and a grade is a grade.

The wise ant!!! To the young grasshoppers.....:D

Ya know what's really funny about this thread? Once you're in med school, NOBODY talks about GPA/MCAT. Get it out now kids... it's the only chance you'll ever get... well, unless you've got to re-do the app cycle.

No one in college talks about their high school GPA/SAT/ACT scores. But that didn't stop us from talking about them before we got to college, did it? Point is, it's normal, especially when everyone is so nervous about getting in. I doubt attending talk about Match either...

No one in college talks about their high school GPA/SAT/ACT scores. But that didn't stop us from talking about them before we got to college, did it? Point is, it's normal, especially when everyone is so nervous about getting in. I doubt attending talk about Match either...

the saga continues......

I've actually seen people on here with stats like in the title...

I've actually seen people on here with stats like in the title...

I think most of us have!! :laugh:

That's the OP's point...it is ridiculous for them to be asking can I get in with those stats....they are just showing off!!

Hence, why he created this thead, which is almost as bad.....

I think most of us have!! :laugh:

That's the OP's point...it is ridiculous for them to be asking can I get in with those stats....they are just showing off!!

Hence, why he created this thead, which is almost as bad.....

Well I haven't actually seen a chances thread like that... more like I clicked on their MDApps and saw their amazing numbers.

yea. my stats arent gd enuff to make these sort of threads.looks like u gotta do it schizto in four years time.

Hahaha... OP, do you get mad at people who do well on exams and projects in class too?
OP's lab partner: "Hey, I got a 100% on that last chem test!"
OP: "Yeah? Well... we'll see about that!" [dumps 3.0M HCl all over lab partner]

:laugh::laugh:

Well, I think the people here have said most of what I want to say. In short...

The first time they say it: Congrats to those who really worked hard to get those stats and scores. You deserve a big round of applause.

The second time they say it: Er... want another round of applause? Maybe a cookie?

The third time:
Okay...How about a slap after that sarcastic round of applause?

4th Time + ====> *sticks a "Pour Aqua Regia/HCL on this person plz" sign on his/her back. Feel free to drag him to your local organic chemistry lab for experimentation.

I'm sure there's no one here who'd brag a 4th time after this. =D Feel better?

yea. my stats arent gd enuff to make these sort of threads.looks like u gotta do it schizto in four years time.

lolol 39 MCAT and 3.8+ "arent gd enuff".

to the OP

i think the most individuals signed up on this forum are the cream of the crop....the overachievers. not only are they the pre-medical students who are intelligent, diverse, etc....and have applied to medical school, but they have taken the time to search for, register for, and post on this forum to enhance their knowledge of the application process for every school and give themselves an inside advantage by knowing the essays in advance.

These are the best applicants, not the average. IMO.

now with regards to your complaint about people posting about that kind of thing, yah I think it is pretty annoying. When I applied last year, I felt absolutely intimidated checking out this forum. I retook the MCAT and did significantly better. However, having seen those posts previously that killed me to read, I will never post something like that.

Many individuals, let alone medical school applicants, have social or psychological "holes" in their interactions and respect for others because they are such devoted students. The whole point of interviews (generally) is to find these "holes" in an individual per se and weed out those who are not socially or psychologically fit.

They will get what is coming to them. Continue with your fine work and ignore those with low self-esteem or poor social skills.

Everyone, GL with your apps!

edit: oh and furthermore, if you think that everyone on this website posts their actual reported GPA, MCAT, and ECs accurately, you are incorrect. I bet anything that many people on here (not all) inflate their scores to make themselves feel better.

Last edited:
^jturtel got it right. my grades are severely inflated. my interveiws arent even real!!!

:D

dubby and schritzo is so temping me to create a thread for help :p
heehee

^jturtel got it right. my grades are severely inflated. my interveiws arent even real!!!

:D

dubby and schritzo is so temping me to create a thread for help :p
heehee

:shrug:

you are either being sarcastic and i can't catch the tone for obvious reasons over the internet, or you are mocking me and don't believe what i typed.

i'm not saying that everyone is like this. i'm not calling out members. all i'm saying is not everyone who posts their gpa or mcat in their profile or in their threads they start is necessarily truthful and i guarantee you that many have been exaggerated and embellished.

Did the original poster even have a 4.0/42T? If so, they should only be here to lend support, as anyone with such an application (even without anything else to support it) will obviously get in somewhere. Unless, of course, the interview kills them.

I'm guessing this is not enough worth a response, but I'm procrastinating studying for a pharmacology exam, so I felt like responding. For those of you who legitimately are this fantastic on paper and DON'T get multiple acceptances, you should probably re-evaluate your personality!!

Did the original poster even have a 4.0/42T? If so, they should only be here to lend support, as anyone with such an application (even without anything else to support it) will obviously get in somewhere. Unless, of course, the interview kills them.

I'm guessing this is not enough worth a response, but I'm procrastinating studying for a pharmacology exam, so I felt like responding. For those of you who legitimately are this fantastic on paper and DON'T get multiple acceptances, you should probably re-evaluate your personality!!

OP was complaining about folks that do that with those stats.

Thanks for the fantastic advice, dude. I'll really look into that if I don't get in :rolleyes:

^ someone is trying to say that he is fantastic on paper... tsktsk..= p

^ someone is trying to say that he is fantastic on paper... tsktsk..= p

Yes. This is the part where you micro-analyze my personality, find flaws, and feel better about yourself. I'm a standard issue human being. OH WOW! Never mind that someone with a 25 MCAT might be a douchebag. This is why I learned never, under any circumstances, to tell anyone I meet in real life my MCAT.