3.96 gpa 42t

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yes. This is the part where you micro-analyze my personality, find flaws, and feel better about yourself. I'm a standard issue human being. OH WOW! Never mind that someone with a 25 MCAT might be a douchebag. This is why I learned never, under any circumstances, to tell anyone I meet in real life my MCAT.
Dude, I'm not quite sure why you were butt-hurt about the guy saying the only reason someone with great stats wouldn't get it is if they suck as a person (or at least that's how it comes off to their interviewers). Really, it's pretty much the truth. It's essentially a complement cuz almost nobody sucks that bad. He was basically saying, "if you're numbers are that good, you'll get in no matter what".

And, if you weren't butt-hurt about it, then I think the person who said you were plugging your numbers is probably correct as well. Otherwise, there would be no reason to pretend you're butt-hurt about a statement that was essentially a compliment.

Members don't see this ad.

You're probably right. I was probably just butt hurt because I am freaking out about maybe not getting in and being that "dude" with a great MCAT who is deeply flawed and doesn't know it. :shrug:

You're probably right. I was probably just butt hurt because I am freaking out about maybe not getting in and being that "dude" with a great MCAT who is deeply flawed and doesn't know it. :shrug:
You've attended 8 interviews and have 4 left to go. I'm 99.99999% positive you'll get in. If you don't, well... you obviously suck as a person. lol Having said that, I doubt a person who could honestly and fairly respond to my post, like you did, could suck too much.

Members don't see this ad :)
Blah... this thread went to full ****** mode

I'm certainly not the perfect applicant. I'm pretty close to it, if you consider my second attempt at my undergraduate education and ignore

Yes. This is the part where you micro-analyze my personality, find flaws, and feel better about yourself. I'm a standard issue human being. OH WOW! Never mind that someone with a 25 MCAT might be a douchebag. This is why I learned never, under any circumstances, to tell anyone I meet in real life my MCAT.

Well, my last post got cut off and I don't remember exactly what I was going to say. It was something along the lines of this...as a non-trad student, I learned how to be the student who got the "right" scores, but it's only because I had to sacrifice a lot (including a steady job) to pursue medical school. Nobody has the right to make assumptions about anyone else. I applaud those who have worked really hard to show that they're worthy of admission to top-tier schools, while proving (to themselves, most importantly) that they're in this for the right reasons. If you really care about the profession, you should support those who may be less than perfect but striving to be excellent physicians. In case you lost sight of this, the point is to provide the best possible care for our patients (i.e.; all of society!). I know plenty of people with the right numbers who will do very little to help society, and a select few whose numbers are lackluster but who have proven themselves in other ways.

What annoys everyone about people like you is this: you posted here mainly to brag. Whether or not your scores are real, nobody is impressed. My research mentor (at our humble state school) recently rejected a Yale interviewee with a 3.9 and a 40 on his MCATs because he simply was turned off by his attitude, and he figured that whatever school accepted him deserved him. You'll get in, no doubt, because I'm sure you know how to play the game.

Rest assured, medicine has a way of sorting people out. You may "breeze through" medical school and residency with your knowledge, but somewhere along the line, your lack of interpersonal skills WILL humble you in a way you don't expect now. Mock me and everyone else here (your peers, even if you think you're somehow better), but it will catch up to you someday. You'll have all the knowledge in the world, but no concept of how to interact with your peers, and worse still, your patients!!!