3.97 s/c GPA with a 3.9 DPT GPA and 506 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jal423

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I am a PA resident and not an URM. I have a 3.97 (sGPA and cGPA) and a 3.9 graduate GPA (Doctor of Physical Therapy degree) from a fairly reputable school, Drexel. I took the MCAT in May and got a 506, which isn't terrible considering I had about 4 months to study while on a full time clinical rotation and in classes.

I also have about 400 hours of research experience, obviously a ton of clinical experience with my physical therapy degree, and all other ECs are pretty good (worked with the Philadelphia Eagles in a leadership role for 5 years, decent amount of volunteering, etc) I have fantastic LOR's from research faculty from my physical therapy program and interview well.

I am applying to some top notch schools despite my average MCAT, but I think my DPT may allow me some leeway. Also, I have to apply to schools without course requirements because I do not have organic or biochem...

Here are my list of schools:

Vandy* (screened for secondary so if I get one I think I would fair well)
UCSD
Stanford*
Duke*
Penn*
Tulane
Jeff
USC
Wake Forest
Michigan
NYU*
UVA
GW
Hofstra
Rush

Obviously the * designate a school that is more of a huge reach, but what do you all think? Thanks in advance for all input.

Members don't see this ad.

Save your reach money because those schools don't need the donations and it will be better to take your dad to dinner on Father's Day.

Secondaries are a tax on the hopelessly naïve.

Here's a more realistic list:

Rush (note: very service/experience oriented with a 150hr service requirement. Avg student has 800 hours of community service, and >1800 hours of health care exposure.)

NYMC

Creighton

Albany

Rosy Franklin

Drexel

Temple

Loma Linda (but read their list of don'ts)

MCW

St. Louis

WVU

Jefferson

Tulane

Loyola

U Miami

Wake Forest

EVMS

VCU

Netter

Oakland-B