3.98 cgpa, 4.00 sgpa, mcat??? and I want to go to BAYLOR!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doctor Poetry

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone...I just made an account but I have been following the posts for awhile...anyways.

My stats:
-Currently a Junior getting ready to take the mcat
-3.98 cumalitive gpa and 4.0 science gpa
-Taken classes in psychology, humanities, critical thinking, public speaking (aced all of them)

Extracurricular Act.:
-I performed 2 years of biochemistry research and presented a poster at
the American Chemical Society
-Got a job at the University as a adjunct facilitator for Gen Chem 2 (200+ hours when i apply/ 400+ hours by graduation)
-Got a Job as an ER Scribe (800+ hours when i apply/ 1600+ hours by graduation)
-part of two programs...1) MOSS-multicultural organization for science students and 2) SEE- Science educational Equity Program (through this progam i got a job as the adjunct facilitator).
-I tutor people in chemistry when i have free time.
-Shadowed a cosmetic surgeon for approx. 30-40 hours

Letters of Rec.:
- I dont have them yet but I know they will be great (let's pray that they will).

Hobbies:
-Basketball, boxing, mma
-Poetry
-Art
-listening to classical music, jazz, tupac (the only true rapper who rapped about meaningful issues)

AFTER TAKING A LOOK AT MY STATUS, EC'S, LORS, AND HOBBIES WHAT MCAT SCORE DO I NEED IN ORDER TO GO TO...(IM A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT)

-BAYLOR COLLEGE OF MEDICINE
-STANFORD
-UCSF
-UCLA
-UCD
-USC
-CORNELL
-HOWARD
-DARTMOUTH
-MOREHOUSE
-BROWN

THERE ARE OTHER SCHOOLS THAT I WILL BE APPLYIING TO, BUT THESE ARE THE MAIN ONES...ALSO, IM A MINORITY FROM LOW INCOME...DONT KNOW IF THAT HELPS ME IN ANY WAY.

YOUR ADVICE AND COMMENTS ARE MUCH APPRECIATED! THANKS!:)

Members don't see this ad.

wasn't satisfied with the responses i got from the first post...if they frown upon it, so be it.

Members don't see this ad :)
icon4.gif
Hello Everyone...I just made an account but I have been following the posts for awhile...anyways.

My stats:
-Taken classes in psychology, humanities, critical thinking, public speaking (aced all of them)

Extracurricular Act.:
-Got a job at the University as a adjunct facilitator for Gen Chem 2 (200+ hours when i apply/ 400+ hours by graduation)
-part of two programs...1) MOSS-multicultural organization for science students and 2) SEE- Science educational Equity Program (through this progam i got a job as the adjunct facilitator).

Letters of Rec.:
- I dont have them yet but I know they will be great (let's pray that they will).

Hobbies:
-Basketball, boxing, mma
-Poetry
-Art
-listening to classical music, jazz, tupac (the only true rapper who rapped about meaningful issues)

AFTER TAKING A LOOK AT MY STATUS, EC'S, LORS, AND HOBBIES WHAT MCAT SCORE DO I NEED IN ORDER TO GO TO...(IM A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT)

-STANFORD
-UCSF
-UCLA
-UCD
-USC
-CORNELL
-HOWARD
-DARTMOUTH
-MOREHOUSE
-BROWN

THERE ARE OTHER SCHOOLS THAT I WILL BE APPLYIING TO, BUT THESE ARE THE MAIN ONES...ALSO, IM A MINORITY FROM LOW INCOME...DONT KNOW IF THAT HELPS ME IN ANY WAY.

icon4.gif

My stats:

Extracurricular Act.:

Letters of Rec.:

Hobbies:
-Basketball, boxing, mma
-Poetry
-Art

-STANFORD
-UCSF
-UCLA
-UCD
-USC
-CORNELL
-HOWARD
-DARTMOUTH
-MOREHOUSE
-BROWN

I'm running your numbers through the database right now. Should be done in ~10 minutes.

Edit: Ok it looks like you need a 33.333333333333333333833333 (repeating of course) on the MCAT to be 100% guaranteed acceptance to those schools. Wow, it normally doesn't show that you have 100% chance (usually 99.99%) but I guess it was because of the pro-Tupac comment.

Hey, don't be dissin' Catalystik, that ain't cool :mad:

Last edited:
OP, I would aim for a 36 on the MCAT. You don't want to one of those guys with a high gpa and a low MCAT. Do you need a pat on the back and some words of encouragement?

That's the most pretentious post I've ever read here, which says a lot.

you're an imbecile.

Ditto that. This kid comes off more and more as a completely arrogant prick. Thought people from low income upbringings woulda learned a little humility, but I guess not.

Perhaps he's perpetually bitter due to his misfortune.

Members don't see this ad :)
OP realizes that the "what do I need for ____" question format is least applicable for the MCAT, because the score one gets is not predictable, right?

You can "get all A's from now on" or "need more volunteering" or "haven't shadowed enough, you couldn't defend your decision to be a doctor," but you can't get a certain score on your MCAT exactly.

tl;dr version: you need a 45

you guys are too funny:laugh:

dont see how i "dissed" anyone:cool:

answer the question i posted, please dont go off on a tangent

Lol...good thing you posted your stats on here....now you're definitely getting into med school! Just remember what you got is only half of the story...don't screw the MCAT up.

you guys are too funny:laugh:

dont see how i "dissed" anyone:cool:

answer the question i posted, please dont go off on a tangent

No one has to answer your question, especially since they already have in the other two threads you've posted this in.

No one has to answer your question, especially since they already have in the other two threads you've posted this in.
And the mob grows... My advice is to take the advice from the other thread and bail from this one now.

lol...i see what the medical field does to the brain of students. Shrinks it

just wanted to get some thoughts and people took it way out proportion

just wanted to get some thoughts and people took it way out proportion
Its only because of the way you responded to the very first post. I pretty much knew it was gona go down hill from there. If you said what you said in a respectful manner then this post could have been very informative.

If you don't get a 45 you will be rejected. Period. Start studying or packing for the Caribbean.