3 DO Interviews, No MD yet (I know its early)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UnsureAboutLife

Reaction score
Hi all,
I finished all secondaries for MD and most for DO as of yesterday for this cycle. Here are my stats:

cGPA: 3.36
sGPA: 3.59
postbacc GPA: 3.68
MCAT:510
Clinical volunteering: 150
Clinical paid employment: 150
Shadowing (MD): 20
non-clinical volunteering: 100
Paid employment (non-clinical): over 10k
NY state resident and technically ORM, but I am north african and in some diversity essays when asked to self identify I made the case for myself that north african/middle eastern identities are completely erased.... we are never treated like white people yet we are forced to identify as white, so dunno

I applied to 30 MD schools and 20 DO schools including

NYMC
Albany
All SUNYs
Oakland
FIU
Quinnipiac
Carle
Uni of Illinois
Texas A&M (EnMed)
Hackensack
Eastern Virginia
Central Michigan
Wake forest
sidney kimmel
virignia tech
rosalind
UVM Larner
Cali northstate

DO:
Alabama
William Carey
Touro NY/Cali/Nevada
Des Moines
Western U
Lake Eerie
Lincoln Memorial
NYIT

I am a non-traditional student and think I wrote a very strong and compelling personal statement and secondaries detailing my struggle/perseverance in face of incredible hardship, as well as having an entrepreneurial/leadership background.

I got interviews from Des Moines, Alabama, William Carey, no MD yet.

I just wanted to ask is it common for DO interviews to come earlier? I submitted applications around the same time? Do DO schools give out more interviews than MD (or at least relative to application pool?) I am just surprised to have gotten DO interviews (considering I dont have DO shadowing experience) this early on from lurking on SDN, and wanted to gain a bit of perspective. Should I be hopeful that I might get MD interviews soon as well?

Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all,
I finished all secondaries for MD and most for DO as of yesterday for this cycle. Here are my stats:

cGPA: 3.36
sGPA: 3.59
postbacc GPA: 3.68
MCAT:510
Clinical volunteering: 150
Clinical paid employment: 150
Shadowing (MD): 20
non-clinical volunteering: 100
Paid employment (non-clinical): over 10k
NY state resident and technically ORM, but I am north african and in some diversity essays when asked to self identify I made the case for myself that north african/middle eastern identities are completely erased.... we are never treated like white people yet we are forced to identify as white, so dunno

I applied to 30 MD schools and 20 DO schools including

NYMC
Albany
All SUNYs
Oakland
FIU
Quinnipiac
Carle
Uni of Illinois
Texas A&M (EnMed)
Hackensack
Eastern Virginia
Central Michigan
Wake forest
sidney kimmel
virignia tech
rosalind
UVM Larner
Cali northstate

DO:
Alabama
William Carey
Touro NY/Cali/Nevada
Des Moines
Western U
Lake Eerie
Lincoln Memorial
NYIT

I am a non-traditional student and think I wrote a very strong and compelling personal statement and secondaries detailing my struggle/perseverance in face of incredible hardship, as well as having an entrepreneurial/leadership background.

I got interviews from Des Moines, Alabama, William Carey, no MD yet.

I just wanted to ask is it common for DO interviews to come earlier? I submitted applications around the same time? Do DO schools give out more interviews than MD (or at least relative to application pool?) I am just surprised to have gotten DO interviews (considering I dont have DO shadowing experience) this early on from lurking on SDN, and wanted to gain a bit of perspective. Should I be hopeful that I might get MD interviews soon as well?

Thanks so much!
Congratulations!

Each school has their own process so there is no way to know. Just stay optimistic.

My bad! 510
Some of the schools you applied to (Texas A&M, Central Michigan, Virginia Tech, Illinois) admit very few applicants with your stats and no connection to the state or region. Carle Illinois is looking for applicants with an engineering background. California Northstate has accreditation problems. You could add these MD schools to your application:
Drexel
Temple
NOVA MD
TCU-UNT
Virginia Commonwealth
George Washington

Reactions: 1 user