MD & DO 3 MCATS (498-506-521) WAMC? Will multiple MCATS hinder me?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted959268

1. cGPA and sGPA as calculated by AMCAS or AACOMAS
    1. 3.3 undergrad, 4.0 -->postbacc
      1. sophomore year- GPA went down ALOT due to emergency but GPA went up junior, senior year. Also took some extra graduate level post bacc classes (8 and got As)
  2. MCAT score(s) and breakdown
    1. 498 lol-506-521
  3. Research experience and productivity
    1. 1200 hours from undergrad, 1 summer fellowship at university hospital, 3 abstracts and 1 pub maybe this year w new job.
  4. Shadowing experience and specialties represented
    1. 300 primary care, 50 GI, + more with gap year job
  5. Non-clinical volunteering
    1. 750 mentorship and working w vulnerable students in highschool --> continuing this in gap year as well
  6. Other extracurricular activities (including athletics, military service, gap year activities, leadership, teaching, etc)
    1. teaching: working with refugee center to teach English --> still do this in gap year
    2. Had various leadership positions in college + did symposiums and presentations
    3. Gap year": CRC at T10 hospital. Getting more clinical experience, also continuing to volunteer as a mentor for my mentorship program
  7. Anything else not listed you think might be important:
    1. I am first generation -> not sure if this means much in admissions?

So during the COVID ERA, I took the MCAT and dropped majorly from my FL avg (498-not sure what went so wrong) then I panicked signed up for the closest test date available from score release (1 month) and got a 506 last year in September. I retook the MCAT in August and got my score back and couldn't be happier that spending 8 months of grind has paid off. Now I am at a crossroad because I'm not sure how my multiple MCAT retakes would be viewed as. Will this hinder my app greatly? (Applying MD/DO)- just trying to get in somewhere lol im not picky but I would love to get into a MD school :)

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I think it would be viewed as a positive especially given your growth and improvement in score. Should be more than competitive at most programs.

Does your undergrad GPA(3.3) include your post bacc grades? How many post bacc hours did you earn? Any clinical experiences( can be paid or volunteer) that you had direct patient contact with the sick, injured and dying? You have way more shadowing hours than you need, so stop shadowing. Nice improvement on your last MCAT. Are you aware that AMCAS recs that schools average multiple MCAT scores? Some do and some don’t. We really have no way of knowing which ones do and which ones don’t. But all scores are visible to reviewers of your application. And some of those reviewers will have preconceived biases towards low scores , multiple scores etc. Good luck.