Mar 18, 2010
Aus
Status
Medical Student
Hi everyone,

This is my 1st paticipation in this brilliant forum. Currently, I'm doing my msater degree in Clinical Audiology.
I've three questions, and I hope finding the answers.

-How many years should I study after the master to get AuD?
-Do you've any idea about the combined program b/w AuD & PhD in Audiology?
-What are the requirements for international students ex: GRE ?

Thanks guys for helping with htis matter :thumbup:

Aug 6, 2009
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Hi everyone,

This is my 1st paticipation in this brilliant forum. Currently, I'm doing my msater degree in Clinical Audiology.
I've three questions, and I hope finding the answers.

-How many years should I study after the master to get AuD?
-Do you've any idea about the combined program b/w AuD & PhD in Audiology?
-What are the requirements for international students ex: GRE ?

Thanks guys for helping with htis matter :thumbup:

Where are you doing your Masters in audiology? Every school now only offers the AuD, it is no longer a masters level degree. I know there are some programs out there that offer a combined program with the AuD and PhD, they usually take 6 years but can take longer (from what i've heard). There are a limited number of schools that offer that combined program but if you choose to get it over with I think its a great option. I believe international students will need to take the TOFL and GRE or maybe just the TOFL. But it raises the question of: do you have to go through the full 4 year AuD program or can you do a transitional program into the AuD? I think there are maybe 2 programs left for the transitional AuD, so look into that. Other than that I would contact some programs you are interested in and see what the requirements are for that particular program.

Hope this helps!

Mar 2, 2010
Status
Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
There are only three schools I am aware of that allow you enroll in AuD if you have a masters and those are Arizona School of Health Sciences (AT Still), Central Michigan and University of Florida. There might be others, but most schools will not let you enroll in an AuD when you have a masters (or maybe you have to start over but I dont know that)

Look at this link:
http://www.asha.org/edfind.htm

Jan 18, 2010
Status
Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
I know CUNY still has a transitional program, and so does Nova Southeastern, but Nova's program is somewhere in the UK, rather than in Florida. I'm not sure how long the programs take... maybe a year?

Mar 18, 2010
Aus
Status
Medical Student
I'm doing my master in Australia, which is no longer for Bachelor
degree progarms. Nova Southeastern uni has that program for
post-master's degree; however, it's in UK. I couldn't find a transitional
program in US. Anyway, eardocsavvy, soapman & Audie2014 thanks
a lot for ur help.

Cheers

Mar 18, 2010
Aus
Status
Medical Student
^^^^

I meant these universities offer either part-time programs or web-based ones.

Therefore, they are not suitable for myself because I'm looking for
a full-time program.

Thanks mate :thumbup:

Aug 6, 2009
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
^^^^

I meant these universities offer either part-time programs or web-based ones.

Therefore, they are not suitable for myself because I'm looking for
a full-time program.

Thanks mate :thumbup:

http://www.atsu.edu/ashs/online_programs/audiology/index.htm

You will not find a full time transitional program in the US. It has been a couple years since the new degree requirement (AuD) therefore all of the audiology programs have put the time and money into teaching the AuD only. If you would like to get an AuD (upon completion of your masters) check out the transitional programs like the one I linked, otherwise good luck! You may just have to enroll into a 4 year residential AuD program! Thank you.

Good luck!

cidanu

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 16, 2009
Status
Rehab Sci Student
Even though most American programs don't officially offer transitional AuD programs, some may be flexible in working out an alternate curriculum with you to save time and money. I think it would be worth it at least to inquire with prospective programs. As an international student it will probably be expensive though unless you get funding. Traditional PhD programs are sometimes more flexible and generally provide funding so that may a good option for you if you're interested in research.

Mar 25, 2010
Status
Rehab Sci Student
Most of the distance learning programs are going away as they've been around for 10 years now. The one at my school is ending this year and I don't think the others will be around for much longer. If you want an AuD, I'd skip the masters honestly. By the time you want one, you may need to go through a full program again.