3 weeks until exam... restart uworld or try usmlerx??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amic1283

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So my date is june 14th, and I have finished about 75% each of uworld and qbank... but i have been doing them since march, so I feel like I need to do at least 100-200 questions per day in the next 2 weeks, since I am almost done reviewing all the material.
I have taken 2 NBMEs and am only scoring in the low 200's (below 210). My goal is about 15 points higher than that. I have realized I need to be doing a LOT more questions, because my knowledge base is pretty good, but I think I need more practice on seeing the actual presentation of such and such a disease.
I am torn btwn having my uworld restarted (which may overestimate how well I am actually doing since I may subconsciously remember some of the answers to questions whose material I may not still have a solid grasp on) or starting a qbank such as usmlerx... which I understand from reading other posts is much easier, but then again would provide me with fresh questions. What should i do??

Members don't see this ad.

Since you've been doing questions since March, I doubt that you remember everything from USMLEWorld well enough so that you could subconsciously reacall the answers. Unless you've been scoring above 80% on UW's quiestions, I would suggest resetting your USMLEWorld score and starting from scratch. You are correct, you will indeed need to answer almost 200 questions per day to finish all of them.

Why not go back and do all the questions you missed on UW? That's what I plan on doing when I finish all of em one time through.

So my date is june 14th, and I have finished about 75% each of uworld and qbank... but i have been doing them since march, so I feel like I need to do at least 100-200 questions per day in the next 2 weeks, since I am almost done reviewing all the material.
I have taken 2 NBMEs and am only scoring in the low 200's (below 210). My goal is about 15 points higher than that. I have realized I need to be doing a LOT more questions, because my knowledge base is pretty good, but I think I need more practice on seeing the actual presentation of such and such a disease.
I am torn btwn having my uworld restarted (which may overestimate how well I am actually doing since I may subconsciously remember some of the answers to questions whose material I may not still have a solid grasp on) or starting a qbank such as usmlerx... which I understand from reading other posts is much easier, but then again would provide me with fresh questions. What should i do??

I've been using Kaplan Qbank as well as Rx for several months. While Rx was initially much easier than Kaplan and World, the questions started getting more intricate and difficult about a month ago. I guess they updated the database. The USMLE World questions are probably still harder though. I guess what I'm trying to say is don't buy Rx just to get some easy questions...I would only spend the money if you really want fresh questions. Otherwise I would just redo the World questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
While Rx was initially much easier than Kaplan and World, the questions started getting more intricate and difficult about a month ago.

I was thinking this also. I'm using rx (75% through with a week before the test) and the questions have gotten much harder.