3 Year HPSP Reimbursements

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted518758

Hi Everyone! I was recently awarded the 3-year HPSP with the USAF. I know it doesn't start till by D2 year, but I was wondering if anyone who has had the 3-year scholarship been able to receive reimbursements for things you bought your D1 year? Would things like loupes be able to be reimbursed since they are required for all 4 years of dental school? Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

While I cannot speak for the Air Force, any Army students reading this should be aware that Chapter 7, paragraph 7-2 of the Student Policy Handbook specifically states that:

"Prior year purchases. Item purchased in prior years are not reimbursed, even if still in use or required for the future use. For example, a student entering the scholarship program as a second-year student would not be authorized reimbursement for purchases previously made for the first year of studies."

So, for the Army, in short no you cannot be reimbursed for first year purchases.

While I cannot speak for the Air Force, any Army students reading this should be aware that Chapter 7, paragraph 7-2 of the Student Policy Handbook specifically states that:

"Prior year purchases. Item purchased in prior years are not reimbursed, even if still in use or required for the future use. For example, a student entering the scholarship program as a second-year student would not be authorized reimbursement for purchases previously made for the first year of studies."

So, for the Army, in short no you cannot be reimbursed for first year purchases.

Thank you!